“Still recovering from the fire, but still a good holiday for families” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Naviti Resort

You added Naviti Resort to your Saves list
Naviti Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Queens Road, Korolevu, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Special Offer
Free Babysitting
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Korolevu
“Still recovering from the fire, but still a good holiday for families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is still in rebuilding mode after the fire, but still offers good value and friendly service for budget conscious families.
They offer a wide selection of room types which are nice and spacious, and the garden setting is lovely.
They are currently operating with only one restaurant, but have created a new Kids club, boutique, tour desk and a Spa using guest rooms so all the facilities are still on offer to guests.
They offer an all inclusive rate too and laundry is only FJ$8 a kilo so good value for families.
I would not stay there unless you had small children, but if you do it is a place where you can relax and they will have a ball.
They have charge back facility to the Warwick, and a shuttle bus so you can use the restaurants there as well.
Please note I did not stay at this hotel, but did a site inspection, and had breakfast there.

Room Tip: If you want to be away from the playing kids ask for a garden room Dont choose this unless you want...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
navitiresort, Concierge at Naviti Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Aussiesharon,

Warmest greetings from the Naviti Resort! Thank you for sharing your thoughts whilst on your site inspection tour. We hope that your next visit to Fiji you can make time to stopover to our resort.

Mereisi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

As we were 1st time in Fiji, traveling with my family, husband and I and two kids 12/9, we had no idea what to expect, the reviews that I read before were all quite confusing, more bad then good, so we thought we'll just have to give it a go.
The trip from the international airport to the resort was quite long,it took all day to get there flying from Perth to Brisbane and then to Fiji and then another 90min with a car, with the children was like traveling for days:(
Once at the resort, what can I say, have never met such friendly, caring, nice people in my life. Everything was as we expected and more, we were on the all-inclusive plan and everyday there was plenty to choose from and every night there was entertainment for the adults and kids, the only down fall was that it wasn't enough days for us to stay at the resort to enjoy...
We made some really good friends from the locals which we are still in contact. I would recommend this resort to all my family and friends and would definitely go back there again but next time we'll try to make it at least 14 days:)
Thank you Naviti staff for such a pleasant stay
Bill and Sam- concierge,greeting us with a smile everyday,
Karalaini and Meliki-reception, thank you for everything during our stay,
Laisayani and Anna-every bfs,lunch & dinner was meal to enjoy with you lovely conversations,
There's plenty more to name and the list its too long, the photos and the reviews are not enough what we've experienced in Fiji and at Naviti resort....
P.S.as for tours we did, the Mud Baths its a must for different experience and to get dirty with the kids:),Robinson Crusoe Island tour, I'll recommend to everyone ,Eco Kula park-great fun and the Navua Village and waterfall tour-great culture expirience5/5

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, once on holiday, ENJOY,don't be picky!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear m-curka-08,
Bula and warm greetings from the entire team at the Navti Resort. We are honoured that you chose the Naviti as your first Fiji family holiday destination and it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

Your recognition of Bill and Sam, Karalaini and Meliki, Laisayani and Ana is appreciated and we know they will be delighted with your praise.

I hope we made a lasting impression on you and look forward to welcoming you to the Naviti Resort again, hopefully soon!

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently spent a weekend at the Naviti with my family; my 2 sons and husband. I decided to stay here as there was a fire at the hotel last November and I wanted to give them my business. It was a terrible mistake. I do not understand why this hotel has received so many good reviews - I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. Go to the Warwick hotel instead (the sister hotel).

CONS
- The front desk staff and serving staff are absolutely appalling. If you are unfortunate to go to this hotel, stay well away from Chantal on front desk. Chantal needs some customer service training from the porter staff because she was not friendly, not welcoming and could not muster a smile on our check in.
- When we arrived at check in, Chantal demanded paperwork although our reservation was in the system. I advised that I could not produce paperwork as it was in the bottom of my luggage. As a result, I was overcharged.
- When I booked this hotel on the Naviti website, I was given a special of free wifi for 3 days. Chantal did not know what I was talking about so I had to show her the Naviti website on the lobby computer.
- Although I had showed Chantal the free wifi conditions on the Naviti website, she would not provide me with the wifi codes.
- This hotel is extremely disorganised due to the inclusive versus non inclusive options. We would order off the ala carte menu (we were non inclusive) but our sons received the free buffet and the staff just didn't know what to do.
- The service staff were cold and would take away plates that you were still eating from. On more than one occasion I would leave whole pieces of toast, muffins, fruit, etc. on my plate whilst going to get a drink and when I returned they would be gone.
- The internet is poor - when I finally received the codes off another unfriendly woman at front desk, the internet wouldn't work.
- It cost $15 to use the gym - are you kidding me?? My husband questioned this and was given the excuse of maintenance - I would be interested to hear what maintenance is required.
- We spent $15FJD each to go on the glass bottom boat. What a rip off. We advised the staff member driving the boat that my husband and I wanted to go snorkelling. The staff member literally dumped my husband out at sea for a good half an hour. I was looking after my son on the boat so I was not out at sea with him. I continually requested to go pick up my husband as we were going further and further away from him. When it was my time to go snorkelling we finally picked up my husband and then I was given not even 5 mins out at sea.
- I know the hotel cannot avoid this but as an Australian, I do not want to go to a hotel in another country and be surrounded by 95% aussies.

PROS
- There are a few staff that are absolutely lovely - Raj the chef was most accommodating with our special requests and Wahoo (I think that's his name) the porter was friendly, welcoming and loved having a little play with our eldest son. The maintenance staff and cleaners were also lovely and would always say 'bula' to us with a big smile on their faces.
- The grounds are lovely, especially the pool area. We also played a round of golf and the course although only par 3 is gorgeous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
navitiresort, Concierge at Naviti Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Bula Vinaka Dem11,

Reading your review was a cause for alarm. Any such complaint directed against our staff are thoroughly investigated. Our sincere apologies for the front desk not understanding your reservation at check in, however all guests checking in, will be asked for their accommodation voucher or travel itinerary to reconfirm their exact entitlements and requirements as the hotel reservations will only show the basics not the detailed entitlements which will be written clearly in the travel vouchers or itineraries. I think this is where the "mood" was set and sadly continued at checkout.

Hotel check in time is from 2pm, however if rooms are available and serviced, we are happy to let guests check in earlier without any extra charge. Your demands for a room on arrival had not been pre-arranged, the receptionist "Chantel" was able to organize a room and you were accommodated as early as 11am. It was during that time, that the explanation of facilities were given to you. But the urgency to get to your room meant they were not fully explained at the front desk. However, your key folder contains all the information and the daily guest board at the lobby also has the details posted with the daily Sand Paper.

We have taken note of your comment on the cost of the Gym FJ$15 for a day and snorkeling being too expensive, please be informed that along the Coral Coast hotels/resorts our prices are the lowest. If you were to book on the All Inclusive package the Gym would be at FJ$15 for your whole stay with a free boat trip.

Thank you for your comments but I would ask you to reconsider your thoughts on Chantel, who is a very humble and hardworking young lady and we are extremely sorry we were unable to meet your expectations as we have done so with so many other guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback which has been taken on board and will be discussed with staff.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

As a first time traveller to Fiji, I was unsure what to expect. Our stay at the Naviti with the all inclusive package, was incredible, 3 mums and 3 daughters, we were looked after and felt safe at all times. The housekeeping staff tended our rooms daily, it was a real treat to return each afternoon to our tidy room and fresh towels. Our belongings were safe and valuables left out were discretely hidden for us to find. Bill at reception was a stand out for us, our girls really warmed to him and he knew them by name which they loved. We have lots of photos of our girls with Bill. The laundry staff that did our washing for us treated it with respect and service was super fast. Vinaka. The grounds were immaculate and well lit for walks back to our room at night. As for the delightful Bill at activities the girls still say his quirky quotes, we use them at home now, "eyes open" and "What are you doing" along with some of his other ones. Tom who was doing the wood carving daily gave us a insight to Fijian history. And Noa what can I say about Noa he was also a stand out for us. Vinaka Noa. Having said that all staff made us welcome and we embraced 'Fiji time'. Just what we needed to relax, to laugh, to feel like family, to listen to stories and explore.
We cannot thank the Naviti enough for exceeding our expectations

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Danelle M,
Bula Vinaka to all of you (all three mums and three daughters) the entire Naviti Resort thanks you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post in your review.

We thank you for your comments on our housekeeping team, are team made of dedicated & honest individuals who take their work very seriously, having to work around the clock, taking into consideration that they have to service rooms for guests already inhouse, cleaning departing guests room from 11am and getting rooms ready by 2pm for guests checking in and at times - pushing them to get rooms ready for early check-ins from 8am to 11am and they do this everyday with a Bula smile.

From your comments we are so happy to read that we exceeded your expectations, the All Inclusive package looked to have catered to you well and that overall we provided a holiday that was very relaxing and allowed you to enjoy your stay as a family.

Dear Danelle, we thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome all of you back to Fiji and the Naviti Resort in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is our 5th visit to the Naviti and it's like coming home. As usual, the staff are amazing and we are treated like royalty. There is nothing nicer than being greeted with a friendly 'bula' by everybody! The food was once again fabulous - thanks chefs, I've put on about 2 kilos! I don't have enough room to name everybody but you are all amazing people! Thank you again to everybody. We will definitely be coming back for a 6th time!!

Dear Danielle1967,
Bula vinaka from your family at the Naviti and Fiji. We are so happy that we were able to once again for the fifth time provide yet another amazing holiday.

We can tell that once again you made use of all the facilities and services along with the All Inclusive Package to its fullest and we are delighted that the entire team was of good service and we can see that they are one of the main reasons you choose to return again and again.

Danielle1967, we look forward to the day when we welcome you back home and we thank you for your continued support and love for the Naviti Resort and Fiji.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

On arrival at the airport we boarded a bus to head to Naviti Resort. The old bus had no dip lights only full and at times we were driving the roads in the moonlight only. The bus ride took over two and a half hours. We were aware the ride took awhile after reading it in the brochures but thought it was more of a easy ride. I do realise this isnt the resorts fault but factor the travel into your day when planning to go here.
When we made it to the resort there was a problem with the rooms. As a large family of twelve we had booked 4 rooms. They had only 2 for us. So we settled in and waited. It was suggested we go for dinner while we wait. The buffet dinner was delicious and had everything we could of wanted (although at that stage we would have eaten a horse ;-) ) I headed back upstairs to find out about our rooms. TWO HOURS LATER it was sorted. So all twelve of us went off to the rooms. Once there we discovered we had 4 rooms with eleven beds! Back to reception I went. The female at the front counter then suggested that one of our rooms move to a different area from everyone else as thats all they had left. I told her that was unacceptable. I'm pretty sure that's why we booked a year in advance so we could gaurauntee we were all together. She then suggested they put a roller bed in the room. Again I told her I am pretty sure when I paid for the trip I didn't pay for a roller bed. It was now 10.30pm at night having left Auckland airport at 12.00 I was beginning to get very frustrated. I explained to her that I had with me a 16 yr old, 2 13yr olds, 2 11yr olds and 1 four year old and all they wanted was to go to bed. I then suggested they put a single bed in the room with my parents and one of the kids could sleep on it. A single bed not a roller bed. I am glad to report this happened by 11.30pm. Sooooooo everyone went to bed. After that start I thought oh god what have I booked. However the next day we awoke to sun. Headed to breakfast, again lovely and then to the pool. Great pool nice and large to accommodate the numbers of families that hit it in the day. No problems getting service and the staff were fantastic. A big Hello to Albert and Tom. We did some fishing and some snorkelling both very cool. We went into the nearest little town for a tiny bit of shopping as most shops had identical items. And took the villagers who are next to the resort, beach front, up on a few massages.
We had the all inclusive package and it was great value for money especially when travelling with kids. The alcohol choices in the deal were great and satisfied everyone in our family. The food was great and most nights their was something for everyone. We also ate at the restaurant and ordered from the menu a couple of nights. This was average.
I was very surprised not to hear from management about the stuff up with our rooms and expected to see management out and about mingling with the guests during the day. I have been to other resorts and management hold evenings for random selected guests to come a have nibbles and a wine and talk about how they are finding the resort etc. I suggest management do this.
The bathrooms are large and spacious and the showers fantastic. The rooms are large enough abd i moved thongs around to vest accomodate us. The rooms are serviced daily and little touches like fresh hibiscus flowers are lovely. The resort is big and clean and kept immaculate by the gardeners who should be congratulated on the grounds. Beautiful.
Overall our stay was great enhanced by the lovely workers at the resort. The staff get involved with guests and get games, activities going. Without their friendly faces, laughing and welcoming Bulas every time you walk past them I don't imagine the resort would have the same appeal.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Kelly348,
A big "Bula" to all of you from all of us here at the Sunny Naviti Resort in Fiji we can tell from your comments that the whole family enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding and the long wait for your rooms and in getting the right bedding configuration and would like to further apologise for the lack of management response as we were not made aware of your situation, however please note that this has been discussed by management and with departments concerned.

We are thankful that this did not set the tone for your holiday and that you were able to then enjoy and make use of all that was on offer at the Naviti, and your recognition of Tom and Albert is greatly appreciated and will passed onto them.

The entire team at the Naviti Resort thanks you Kelly348, for taking the time to post in your review and for choosing us as your holiday destination and we hope to see the family back again to the Naviti Resort sometime soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

After returning to the resort 15 years after our first visit, i can say we had a great time.

We had the all inclusive package
One downside is having to wear the all inclusive wristband for the week.

The other was the food. We choose this resort as last time we stayed the buffet food was sensational.
This time around there were a few nights where we struggled to find something in the bay marie that we could eat.
The Breakfasts were good and lunch was good, just the dinners we struggled with. "The only dissapointing bit of the trip" . This will probably stop me coming back

Most of the meals were served at tables on the lawn in nice weather, and undercover in the rain.
This is due to the damage done by last years fire, but actually makes meal times better.

Staff
The Staff were all great and friendly
The Kids still havent stopped mimicing "Bill" the activites Guy

Activities
Snorkling is good. Go out at low tide to where the floating containers are marking the best spots just outside the lagoon , or around the outside of the 2 islands
Volleyball is popular, The resort could spring for a couple of new volleyballs though.

Golf is Good for your average player and a bit of fun on what you would call a good par 3 course. Dont expect it to be groomed like a top golf course.

Room Tip: You need an oceanview room. its only a few extra $ but worth it even if you don't spend much tim...
Dear Schreckyy,
Bula Vinaka from the entire team at the Naviti Resort. We are happy to read that the whole had a great time especially the children.

We see that you enjoyed the scheduled activities like the popular volleyball, snorkeling and golf and we thank you for comments on the staff especially Bill.

We have noted your comments on the food we are happy that you enjoyed breakfast, the lunches and your points on the dinners has been discussed with our F&B team. The All Inclusive bands unfortunately is the only way we can I identify those on the package and this must be worn at all times if you don't want to be charged for food or beverages.

Dear Schreckyy, thank you once again for choosing the Naviti Resort as your holiday destination and it is our hope that we will welcome the family back in the not too distant future.

Mereisi

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!