The hotel overall looks nice. The rooms were clean and spacious with a nice view of the ocean, if you are on the right side of the hotel. ( I think the back of the hotel.) They were however kind of old. Our night table came apart when I moved the phone, fixtures in the bathroom were loose, there was a water leak in the hallway, and in general it looked like it could use some remodeling. I'm not sure what was the deal with the towels. They seemed old and there was never enough supply in the room.
On the plus side the hotel service was good and they were fairly quick to fix any issues with the room or supplies.
My experience with the hotel was remarkably improved by the service in the restaurant of two individuals that undoubtedly take pride in their job, Claudia and Ana. Claudia was our server most of the times we visited the restaurant. She was friendly and professional and eager to make our stay a pleasant one. Ana was the chef, and although the menu is relatively small, the food was delicious and I was very impressed with the presentation of the dishes. What a positive impression these two ladies made. * When you visit, make sure to meet these ladies in the restaurant and you will see what I mean.
The hotel is located by the beach and a small and friendly town. But it's almost like you don't know they are there until you venture out the back gate. This was nice because it gives the hotel a certain privacy and almost a sense of adventure when you go out the gates. ( We did not eat at any of the restaurants in town because we preferred to eat at the hotel.) I think the town is mostly active from Thursday- Sunday.
Would I visit this hotel again? Yes.
A few things you should know:
- You will need to have a rental car if you stay on this side of the Island.
- It helps if you know a local so that you know where to go when you are visiting this area.
- I did not see a store in the hotel so make sure to bring some basic supplies with you.
- Oh yes, make sure you bring unlimited supply of bug repellent. Lather up and carry it with you at all times :)
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Vacation Club Hotel
- Aquarius Vacation Club Hotel Boqueron
- Aquarius Vacation Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Aquarius Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.