We stayed in two deluxe rooms from December 26th - December 29th, 2012. The hotel is visually stunning especially at night, but shows signs of need maintenance during the day. A good pressure wash and some painting is much needed for building exteriors and fountain areas.
Our room was lovely and accommodated 2 adults and 2 small children (on the sofa bed). The surroundings are breathtaking and the grounds merit a walk to appreciate them. It is a tranquil place.
The restaurant for breakfast has a lovely view over the valley. The pool is visually stunning but small considering the number of guests that the hotel can accommodate.
The food quality was good in both restaurants, but the service was shaky in the one where breakfast was served. The coffee pots looked really shabby for a hotel of this caliber and the bar area of the dinner restaurant was a mess (exposed cords and strange hot beverage server on a plastic crate behind the bar). The pool area needs to be maintained regularly throughout the day to remove towels from people who have left. Just a few indicators that the service was a bit off... In their defense, everyone was ALWAYS smiling.
Be careful when booking tours and taxis through the hotel. Use the airport taxis which offer fixed rates of 450 baht to get to the hotel as the hotel charges 1200 baht for airport pickup. In this way, you also meet a driver that you can utilize for your stay. It is about 1 hour to many of the tourist sites which are on the opposite side of the city (Tiger and Elephant camps, zip lining). We spent 1000 baht per day to use the driver for 8 hours. Front desk personnel were interested in booking tours only and were not able (willing?) to provide general information about the area.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai Hotel
- Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Hang Dong
- Veranda Chiangmai - The High Resort Chiang Mai Province, Thailand - Hang Dong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Veranda Chiangmai: The High Resort, is a total Zen experience from the moment of arrival. We located in private valley with rice and tea terraces, natural ponds and orchids. Perfect retreat to relax and indulge yourself in the Spa. Divided into two zones, on one side representing the cultural heritage of the north and the other the Contemporary Veranda style. A boutique northern retreat of just 72 rooms, all guests are ensured of the best personal service, 24 hours a day from our warm and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, ACCOR, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Veranda Chiangmai - The High Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.