“Good hotel. Farangs will wish they had a swimming pool. NS is hot!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bonito Chinos Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Bonito Chinos Hotel to your Saves list
Bonito Chinos Hotel
314/29 Sawanvitee Road, Nakhon Sawan 60000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Nakhon Sawan B&B and Inns
Brynmawr, United Kingdom
“Good hotel. Farangs will wish they had a swimming pool. NS is hot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in 2012, travelling with my daughter to Chiang Mai, and again for two nights on our return to Bangkok. A twin room was 1,000 baht per night, breakfasts included. (£20, or $32). Nakhon Sawan is no tourist destination, so don't expect English speaking staff.
I'm not sure what people reviewing this and any other hotel's rooms hope a bedroom to be. I found the rooms to be good for sleeping in and the showers good for taking a shower!
The fridge didn't work at first, neither did the shower, but these were soon up and running after informing the hotel's staff, who were very friendly and helpful. The bellboys were excellent, helpful, friendly, and fun to talk with.
Very tasteful decor in the dining room and foyer. The Goody Goody rooftop restaurant is good good, too...... When it's not raining. Rain means the restaurant closes.
Breakfast is Thai/Chinese fare, and not to my liking, but cereals are available and they'll cook up a tasty omelette for you, at no extra cost, if you ask.
Jenny, a Filipino singer, is a frequent performer there. She's very nice. She also speaks Thai and English (probably not too bad at Tagalog either!), so is useful to know.
Hotel lies opposite a 7 Eleven, and the large "Big C" dept. store is very nearby. Sawan park is just a short stroll away. Turn left outside the hotel, then first left.
Will stay there again this coming december(2013).

Room Tip: Don't sleep in the car park......
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We have one night at the hotel. This is our 2nd time at Bonito Chinos. We were disappointed with the restaurant Goody Goody on 9th floor. We have been eaten there on our first visit and it was very good but this time it was VERY BAD. The staff didn't know Spaghetti Bolognese even they have it in the menu. We ordered two and got it as a kids menu very small portion and it wad cold. My husband and his uncle ate them all since we were tired and do not want to complain. But when I got my simple dish Pad Kaprao moo( stir fried pork with holy basil) It was also cold and very sweet. Moreover Tomyum Soup was also cold! I called the staff and told them right away! The answer was it was windy and they can warm it for me. I did not want to make problem but I know those food have not been cook after we ordered but they were cooked long ago and they just put them in a microwave. How come the soup getting cold after it reach the table . The kitchen was at the corner let's say 20 steps to our table.And it looked so dry! Big disappointed this time. I will never recommend to anyone again.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few nights over the month of April , staff are very good and friendly , rooms are always cleaned well and are very adequate , comfortable beds and nice en suites , the food is always amazing in the restaurant no matter what you order , would highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed April 2013
Sattahip, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Bonito Chinos is not a great place to stop neither is it an awful place. It is perfectly adequate for a good night's sleep and a decent breakfast.
Location is excellent, right in the centre of town, yet only seconds from the highway. Parking was ok, at 3 pm, but it is a case of first come first served as there is only space for around 25 to 30 vehicles (that is unless I missed extra parking elsewhwere) The reception area was fine, though the front-desk staff, failed to raise a smile between them. Nice lifts, that weren't claustrophobic.The rooms were reasonable, clean and with just enough furniture to make it functional. The bathroom and shower was good, except for the wash basin which was roughly at knee hieght, I'm not overly tall but I had to kneel to shave. However it was fine for my three year old son! The two square meter balcony was as much use as a sunroof on a submarine, it was just large enough to house the air condiitioning compressor. Getting a beer in the afternoon was a Herculian task: Reception told me to go to the rooftop restaurant, which I did, ,then was told to return to my room and order from room service. I gave up and went down the road for a drink.. Breakfast was very good and the staff were pleasant and helpful.
Would I stay again? The answer is probably no, simply because Nakhon Sawan has so many better options, in particular the Paradiso, up the road, that is very near five star quality, and if you are fortunate to get the promotional tariff, the same price as Bonito Chinos. 5 out of 10

Room Tip: A room with a city view is better than one with a building site outisde the window.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bonito C, Manager at Bonito Chinos Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
The Bonito Chinos Hotel thanks you for your comments. We always strive for excellence in service and apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experience during your stay with us. Regarding the parking, we do have space for 30 vehicles in the front, but we also have additional space for 60 vehicles in the back of the building. Due to the hot weather during the day, the rooftop restaurant is open only for dinner after 6 PM. We apologize for this inconvenience. Full menu is available as room service in the afternoon, however. Again, we thank you for your candid review and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again next time you visit Nakhon Sawan.
hertfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I want to be nice about this hotel but.......we stayed one night, on our return journey from chiang mai to Pattaya and we was very disappointed with the room. It was clean but that's about it. We booked it after reading several reviews and we thought the price was to good to be true, and it was. It is a budget hotel and mainly caters for the Chinese community as the name suggests. We ate in the roof top restaurant. We picked several dishes from the menu only to be told they were not available. What we did eventually settle for was very poor. I had a couple of beers that were verging on warm. To their credit they bought me an ice bucket to put the bottle in but it didn't really help. There was a very helpful Philippino waitress who had been taken on because of her ability to speak English. She waited on us through the evening and made it bearable. The AC unit in the bedroom had on setting "FULL BLAST" and you had to decide whether to sweat through the night or freeze. It's a shame because as I said I wanted to be nice about the hotel because the staff were incredibly nice, almost to nice I would not stay there again

Stayed February 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Established approximately two years ago, the new face in Nakhon Sawan is a so-so spot to have a night in town. The biggest shopping mall is in the walkable range, and the convenient store is just few steps opposite to the hotel. Everything is okay. Yet, the bathroom lacked hot shower. Towels were pretty old. Some TV channels had lots of noises, and wi-if turned sluggish when too many guests logged in at night. The hotel may be fully filled with travelers during Chinese New Year festival. Direct phone reservation is cheaper than Agoda.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bonito C, Manager at Bonito Chinos Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I wonder if hot water is lack,why other review next show the best shower?Why did'nt you notify the hotel for help other than just complain it?For the wifi,we have broad band fiber optic of total 35 mbps using server with load balance,every client can share speed equally with no sluggish as review.TV channel usually be tuned by quest and we did not allowed them to do so.This may cause incorrect frequency problem and can be easily fixed.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after having cycled 150km. The cycle group was given a warm welcome in the foyer. I was immediately impressed with the decor and entrance to the lovely boutique hotel.

My room was very comfortable, but the best part of the room was the shower. The shower felt like soft rain, it was honestly the best shower I have ever had!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bonito Chinos Hotel? Share your experiences!