“Relaxing, tasty breakfast on the terrace! Comfortable bed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Bed & Breakfast

Swiss Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cookham
Swiss Bed & Breakfast
You added Swiss Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Terry's Lane, Cookham SL6 9RT, England   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Cookham B&B and Inns
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, tasty breakfast on the terrace! Comfortable bed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Room was fine, (not spacious, but unfussy and fresh, with an easy chair, a writing desk, and a well-stocked tray).
Bed was comfortable, and reasonably new. (I once had sorry experience with an antique bed for a week!) The bed end in Valbella room might not suit my taller hubby, but fine for me on this occasion!

The garden is very spacious, and enclosed (and pool is fenced in), and has swings, slide and climbing frame - worth asking if young guests are allowed to use these - would consider this a plus for my energetic 2.5yr-old if I was staying in this area again.
It was sunny and warm this morning, so breakfast on the terrace under the vine-covered pergola was an unexpected bonus!

Susanne is quietly but warmly welcoming, and was conversational over breakfast service.

I was staying in order to attend a birthday in Marlow, local Cookham taxi cost £10 one-way. But I also noticed it is only a short walk to Cookham station.

Room Tip: Zurich Room has least steps, probably has room for a cot, and has doors opening onto the patio, so I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We chose this B & B because of its proximity to Windsor Castle which we wanted to visit. We found it charming. Suzanne was welcoming and more than pleased to assist us. The garden room, which we had, was beautiful with doors opening on to the patio where breakfast could be taken weather permitting. Breakfast was very good and eaten, when weather not suitable for the patio, in the kitchen where Suzanne was happy to chat while we ate. The B & B is within easy walking distance of the town where there are several places to eat. The lane to the village is dark and on our first evening we did not consider this before setting of on foot. On the way back in the pitch dark Suzanne actually passed us in her car and insisted on turning round to take us back to the B & B and then ensured that we had a torch for our subsequent evening. Very considerate! We would certainly recommend this delightful house.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here in July and alls I can say is the owners are vile. They did not have the time to look after me. Breakfast wasn't the best. If there was a minus rating I would use it. Also they have very negative views. I didn't feel comfortable staying here in the slightest

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
SwissBandB, Owner at Swiss Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
This is a false report from someone who has never stayed at the Swiss B&B
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Initially very helpful when booking; however we arrived early evening & owner was very dismissive, bordering on rude....we got the impression that we were interrupting her TV viewing!! We did not want want to start hunting around for alternative places to stay as we had to leave early in the am. Bedroom was adequately furnished, although the mattress could do with replacing. Bathroom very clean, but there was hair in the shower tray....consistency??
Breakfast was passable, but seemed to be "locally sourced" from a nearby cash & carry.
Felt like we were intruding.....the owner just seems to be using her customers to subsidise her mortgage so she can live in this expensive area. Cynical....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
This is a false report from someone who has never stayed at the Swiss B&B
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I selected The Swiss based on its excellent reviews, moral character and proximity to Heathrow airport for our departing international flight. At 8:00 am it only took us 40 mins to get to the airport. The room was well equipped and comfortable. Suzanne was very helpful, even lending us a torch/flashlight to walk into the village in the evening. Breakfast was wonderful. I would use them again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I arrived from California for a 4 day visit and were immediately warmly welcomed at the B&B by Suzanne the proprietor. Our room was sparkling clean, a very comfortable bed with beautiful linens, tea and/or coffee, bed-time Swiss chocolates and all the comforts of home and more. I wish we could offer more than 5 Stars!!! A full English breakfast on the verandah every morning cooked to order. This is a very special B&B and the owners obviously take great pride in offering comfort to their guests. The location of this B&B is exceptional! My husband and I enjoyed the great hiking and walking trails to the town, restaurants and Thames Riverbank every morning to return to a wonderful breakfast. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend to all our friends. Thank you Suzanne and family!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The four of us had a wonderful 4 night stay at this delightful bed and breakfast close to the River Thames. My sister and husband had flown over from the States for the wedding of my daughter. We were able to walk to the Reception venue and the church was not far away.
The excellent breakfast on the terrace each morning was an unexpected bonus. Suzanne couldn't have been more helpful and the added bonus of a swim was great.
We will certainly stay here again as it is convenient for visiting my daughter and gives easy access to London from Cookham station which is within easy walking distance.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Swiss Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!