My daughter had raved about this hotel so when a deal came up on Secret Escapes I booked.
As a treat for mothers Day my daughter upgraded us to a suite, which was very kind of her but we were allocated Milsoms which although very opulent was not to my taste, We were offered an alternative room but as it did not have the high ceilings and spaciousness of Milsoms my husband decided that we should stay put [I always defer to my other half. not !]
We had dinner included in the package which was an allowance of £25 each ,and would not cover 3 courses.
The starters Smoked Salmon and a Carrot terrine were tasteless but the main courses were fine,Tandoori chicken and Fish cakes,
My husband had the Bread and Butter pudding which was very tasty and I had the Chocolate Parfait ,it had too many extras that did not compliment the dish.
Breakfast was tasty.
All of the staff were helpful, friendly and efficient.
This all sounds negative but we had a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House is a glorious country house hotel that's alive with intrigue. It's there in the contrast between the contemporary garden wing and the meticulously restored old house. It's in the signature dishes donated by celebrity chefs and in the spacious, airy rooms with panoramic views over wooded parkland and much, much more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House England