Three of us visited the hotel this afternoon to celebrate a birthday. I had pre booked & it was all exceptionally good. The tea was super, lovely sandwiches & cakes, we couldn't eat all the scones so they were boxed up for us to take away.
We decided to round it off with a glass of fizz, courtesy of the hotel...a lovely touch.
The staff were very attentive without being overbearing. It was so pleasing to get good service, not always so these days.
I would certainly recommend it. The setting is lovely, a plus being the sun was shining & the daffodils in full bloom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House is a glorious country house hotel that's alive with intrigue. It's there in the contrast between the contemporary garden wing and the meticulously restored old house. It's in the signature dishes donated by celebrity chefs and in the spacious, airy rooms with panoramic views over wooded parkland and much, much more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House England