“The French Dash....” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tiegnmouth
“The French Dash....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Now Blue box Sailing have two identical Clippers in their fleet, I was able to enjoy a 3 day trip to France, AND have some "gentlemanly" match-racing! Having been out on some day trips with Jono and Co, this was the best ever. An outstanding trip, done with a relaxed professionalism, I now come to really appreciate. Top marks Blue box, hope to see you all again very soon!

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
“Excellent day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I went sailing with Blue Box for our anniversary. it was a fantastic day out, we are both novice sailors, but the exceeltn crew quickly made us feel at home on Taeping and made sure that we tried our hand at everything. All in all it was an excelent day and a fantastic introduction to sailing.

Visited September 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Love sailing love blue box”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you like sailing or want to give it a go you will love blue box sailing. I have been twice and intend to go again,. its a great day out and the staff are very friendly. cant wait until my next visit

Visited March 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic introduction to sailing! Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I took part in an Introduction to Sailing day course in August 2013 on the Clipper Taepping. I had absolutely no sailing experience before I joined, but had always wanted to try it and eventually saved up my Tesco Clubcard vouchers to pay for this experience.

I was very lucky that we had great sailing conditions, reasonable wind, sunny and dry! We had a mixed group of people who had sailed previously with Blue Box, complete novices like me, and all age ranges. Our instructors Piers and Brit were great, and even though I was on my own I felt part of the group straight away, everyone got stuck in from the start, and tried everything from putting up sails, taking them down, to winching and taking the helm. It was hard work and acquired quite a few bruises, but learnt so much, and had an amazing day as Blue Box tried out their new clipper in a match race for the first time (still not sure who won?).

The feeling of the sails full of wind and the boat leaning as you fly across the waves, I will remember for a long time, I can see why people get hooked on it! I really hope I get to do it again, and would love to do it with Blue Box again next time

Visited August 2013
Long Sutton, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“High Side Sailing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Sailed with my daughter the Clipper 60 Serica with Blue Box in a match race against Clipper 60 Taeping wonderful experience with the knowledge that these two boats had been around the world four times starting back in the 1996 Clipper Race with the most recent Clipper Race having started some three weeks ago from London, it was interesting to see the Spartan conditions down below that the amateur crews would have been living in. Blue Box were and are a most professional company to do business with, prompt replies to emails, friendly greeting with hot coffee on arrival at Port Hamble and top skipper and mate with a good gathering of like minded people as crew. my only possible negative observations would be lack of wind and no one can do anything about that and possibly three too many on the boat as movement was restricted, I understand that this is a business and has to be commercially viable, however I do not believe this would stop me sailing with Blue Box again and most likely as my daughter has caught the Bug.

Visited September 2013