“Great Pub” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ye Olde Whyte Harte

Ye Olde Whyte Harte
High Street | Hamble, Hamble SO31 4JF, England (Formerly Ye Olde Whyte Hart)
Website
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Great traditional pub with interesting food. Well kept Fullers ales on too, friendly staff & good atmosphere. Can be cramped when busy but really cosy traditional feel.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Good beer good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Better value than most in Hamble. More pub with good food than a 'Gastro' style pub. I had the Haggis starter which was more like a main course. The welcome was warm with a nice relaxed atmosphere. We will be calling in again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent
“Cosy little pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a couple of great meals at the Olde Whyte Hart. Although a little slow to take our order this is far prefereable to feeling that you are being rushed. The general atmosphere in the pub is very friendly and it was nice to be able to sit near to a genuine log fire as opposed to the fake fires found in a lot of pubs nowadays. Food was piping hot and delicious and the bar has a nice range of real ales of which hobgoblin was my tipple of choice. I would recommend this pub to anyone visiting Hamble.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me and my family and friends have eaten at this pub today, and I would say do not order a salad or even think about ordering a steak with veg, as half an hour later they turned up with the veg. The salad was supposed to be chicken bacon and avocado, there was one manky looking piece of avocado and two cherry tomatoes in the salad, after the others had finished one of the very young staff came over to collect the plates and said was everything ok, with the meal I said no and she turned around and walked away and did not deal with my complaint I then went to the bar to advise again I was not happy with my meal and they said sorry and did not acknowledge my complaint what so ever and definitely were not sorry! I certainly would not recommend eating in there cramped establishment.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Foods ok but watch out for the chefs hair”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Eat here today with partner, sister and brother in law. We booked a table for four, however the table was crammed in to a corner and one chair was unusable. I'd be surprised if a child could sit there. We moved out to the covered garden area. Orders placed and When they arrived, one was incorrect. Staff tried to tell us the salad ordered was not on the menu. It was served once it was pointed out to them.

Three of us had finished eating when the fourth meal arrived. Halfway though the salad a short dark hair was found. Staff walking though the outside area was a very rare occurrence so didn't get to mention it until we tried to pay. The youngster in charge was not interested saying as some of the food had been eaten it obviously wasn't a problem.