Colonial style building is the best part of this hotel in addition to its location close to Borobudur. However I do not like the room as I think it is a little bit small and the facility are dated. There is balcony attached to the room but you can not do anything because it is small and they do not put chair on it. I have a small and old TV in room and only around 10 Indonesian chanel available with poor signal.
The restaurant is elegant and big enough but price is on high side. You have better choice on the food stall and BBQ nearby the hotel. 3 minutes' walking to a shop in which you will find everything you need. The friendly shop staffs speak little English but they did not charge me with 'tourist price'. Try local made bread and cake they sell, they are cheap and tasty.
I did see the Volcano from the balcony in my room. Try to ask for a Volcano view room when you check room. My room is on 2nd floor on left side of the building.
The pool is another highlight. Leaves fall down on the pool, which offer a different feeling from those well maintained pool view in other hotels. But, I did not want to use the towl they offer in pool area.
- Also Known As:
- Saraswati Borobudur Hotel Borobudur
- Saraswati Borobudur Hotel
- Saraswati Hotel Borobudur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Saraswati Borobudur International Boutique Hotel, they make sure that guests feel that Saraswati Borobudur Hotel is just more than just a place to stay, but also has a unique culture, fascinating art, and a great wisdom that can guests bring home to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Saraswati Borobudur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.