“very convenient for a two-night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Otel Tahran

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dogubeyazit
Otel Tahran
You added Otel Tahran to your Saves list
Buyuk Agri Cad. No:124, Dogubeyazit, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dogubeyazit
Edinburg, Texas
“very convenient for a two-night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My family (wife, adult son, and myself) stayed here in early August 2011, during our bird study/birdwatching trip through northeastern Turkey. The hotel was easy to find (based on internet information) and the English-speaking clerk provided useful information on restaurants that would be open during Ramazan (he was not present during all of our stay, but we didn't need much extra info.). Since we were driving, the presence of a parking lot right across the street was quite useful, and we even got the car washed by the attendant boys. The hotel breakfast in the enclosed roof-top area was fine, although the view of Big Ararat is now blocked by an apparently new apartment building. The hotel was clean and the room comfortable--a little noisy during the early evening, since it overlooked the street, but quieted down fine at night. The room was a little small for 3 people, but we had plenty of hot water and the bathroom was very clean. We did get our exercise with suitcases since we were on the top floor. I would definitely recommend it, not as a resort, but as a reliable, clean hotel in a convenient location. The room was a little small for 3 people

Room Tip: Get a room lower down if you don't like getting exercise on the steep stairs.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I visited this hotel 2 years ago at my first trip to this region and town. When tavelling i february, I had to be sure to be taken good care of. Thats why I preferred this hotel at my second trip. I stayed for 3 days without any problem. The most important; the heating system worked perfekt. The bed was OK (I am 63), the owner helpful and speaking very good English. A PC with Internetconnection is placed in the breakfastroom, can be used free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

I chose to stay here for one night because it was...just one night! If it was anything longer, I would've gone for the slightly more expensive Hotel Urartu. But for 15 YTL a night (negotiated down from 20 YTL) in a twin room, I wasn't going to start moaning just for a day.

I left my luggage with the reception because there's no lift up the narrow staircase. My room was sufficient, though the bed wasn't terribly comfortable. TV didn't work, and there was no safe to speak of in the room for valuable belongings. Bathroom was clean, but it's best to bring your own toilet paper. Hot water though is only available from 9pm to 8am. It was fine in the evening, but nothing left by 7.30am. In fact, the room was freezing that morning.

Didn't eat the breakfast, or had much dealings with the reception though he pointed out to me ways of getting to the Iranian border by minibus, and actually called one to pick me up from outside the hotel to go a few hundred yards to the terminal, and I was then transferred onto the bus to the border. The hotel guy even offered to drive me to the border himself - another way for him to earn a quick buck, I suppose.

The roof-top terrace was very nice, but was locked in the evening. Daytime had magnificent views of Mount Ararat.

The main street was just round the corner though it gets very dark at night due to the lack of lightings on the street. Internet cafes are easily found, as are restaurants and shops as well as a post office.

One or two other minor problems included a dead cockroach underneath my friend's bed. And the lights in the corridor was quite annoying because the doors to the rooms had a window which was most unhelpful after lights out.

In conclusion, I'd recommend staying that if you don't mind slumming it for just one night. Anything longer might become slightly annoying.

• Liked — Price - cheap!
  • Disliked — Hot water, cleaniness, room temperature - heating wasn't on.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Dogubeyazit hotels

Been to Otel Tahran? Share your experiences!