“Value for money, for a cafe bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 83 Restaurants in El Albir
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Value for money, for a cafe bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I visited here today and the service was excellent. This is a small cafe bar and you get what you pay for. My bar meal was very good and the service was quick. As for the review above you can see the owners from outside and also the table and chairs and if you had this opinion from the outset why go onto their terrace to eat????!!! I wonder if you also ate your food?! So I suggest anyone that does visit Caspers in Albir then go in try the food yourself and have your own review. Thanks for the food today. Also the chips were home made too and lovely.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Poole, United Kingdom
“I only give it one star because there are no minus ones!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I saw this place advertised in the local paper, they said the food was good so we decided to give it a try. I don't know who reviewed it for the paper, maybe they went to a different place! It is the worst kind of British bar/restaurant. No tablecloths, cheap plastic chairs, we couldn't sit inside because it was full of people having a Spanish lesson. My husband wanted fish and chips but they only cook that on a Friday, so we ordered the steak and ale pie. The owner? chef? was sitting outside smoking and heaved himself up to go and cook our lunch, he was not wearing any kind of overall or chef's whites. The only good thing I could possibly say about the meal when it arrived is that there was plenty of it. The chips were greasy and the 'steak and ale' was obviously from a catering can, the square of puff pastry that made it a 'pie' was fine. My husband asked for some brown sauce and we got brought a bottle of Tesco 'basic' which was runny and unappetising. I hate to be so negative about anywhere but honestly if you want to go and sit with a lot of other Brits and smoke cigarettes then this is the place to be. If you want a cheap meal and don't care what it is like or how it is served - fine also. But really if you want a decent meal in any kind of pleasant surroundings, do not bother with this place.

• Visited June 2014