“Incredible Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SHA Wellness Clinic

You added SHA Wellness Clinic to your Saves list
SHA Wellness Clinic
5.0 of 5 Spa   |   03580 | C/Verderol, 5, 03581 El Albir, L'Alfas del Pi, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in El Albir
Bilbao, Spain
“Incredible Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I managed to find the calm and peace that I was looking for, Find my inner self.
The premises are of a minimalist luxury, located in a paradisiatic place, overlooking the Mediterranean the valley and the sky line of Benidorm, absolutly breathtaking.

The staff very nice and wellcoming. Treatments and food, real heaven.
I feel renovated inside out, with energy and calm.

For sure I will come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SHAWellness, Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comment. We are really happy to help you with your health and relaxation purposes and hope to see you again. Please find SHA as your second home, it is a real pleasure to receive guests like you and we will do our best to make your next SHA experience even better than this one.

SHA Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

How can SHA call itself a clinic when none of the staff seem to have professional designations after their names? In fact, by the end of my stay I felt that this was a place where vulnerable people pay big money for HOPE. Several people I talked to had been given serious illness diagnoses and they were willing to pay for just that – hope. In my case, the doctors were quick to give me advice about what to eat and what not to eat, which was ok with me. However, one of the doctors wanted me to have a “blood test”, for which the cost would be more than expense and also wanted to prescribe a special german product for me. He told me to take it for a month at a cost of more than 500 Euros. What he did not tell me at the time was that I would need to take it for more than six months for it to take effect. It seemed that whichever way I turned, somebody tried to sell me another expensive service. The service in the restaurant was excellent, but the food very mediocre. People were obviously losing weight – but then again, who wouldn’t on a diet of miso soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I sent meals back for several reasons, but the one I remember most was very strange, inedible. I understand the famous chef had recently left so wondered if perhaps the kitchen was having trouble adjusting to recipes he had pioneered. I was instructed to avoid refined products and soy products that had not been fermented for at least two years, so I was surprised to see white bread served, and “soy cream” with desserts. It seemed that what I was told to do was different than what the restaurant does! My room was OK but it was not clean. Although the maids came each day, the floors were not washed and the carpet was not hoovered. In fact, a dirty spill on the floor in my bathroom was there when I arrived and still there when I left. I found it strange that my room had a kitchen with a cooker, but no utensils etc. and nowhere to buy groceries but for sure, i was on diet. During my stay, neither towels nor sheets were changed. This place reminds me that all that glitters is not gold!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Madam,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your comments and ratings, which be sure we will take into consideration in order to improve day by day. We deeply regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we apologize for it.
However, we wanted to indicate that our medical team consists of renowned international doctors whose professionalism is unquestionable. If they recommended you some analysis or specific products was because they considered them necessary or beneficial to your health. As for the German product referred, its description involves misunderstandings because although it is recommended to be taken during six months, in just one month the benefits and effects can be noticed.
We are also very sorry that you did not like our food and quite surprising because it is an aspect that most of our guests positively stands. Furthermore, we note that weight loss depends on the type of diet you choose and it is always adapted to the needs and objectives of our guests. In fact, those who do not come to lose weight often leave SHA especially happy because of our gourmet menu.
As for the difference between what is recommended in the consultations of healthy nutrition and what is offered in the restaurant, again it depends on the needs of each person and its personal diet.
Referring to the lack of cleanliness you define, we can only apologize and be surprised because our team is fully trained to deeply clean all our facilities every day. As to the sheets and towels, for ecological and energy reasons, as a general rule they are changed every three days. However, if a guest wishes to have them changed more often our tem just needs to be informed and we will have no objection of doing so.
Regarding the rooms with kitchen, these are designed to offer private cooking lessons in them for which the team has all the necessary utensils and ingredients. However, if you wished to use it, if only you had asked for it to a member of our team, we would have brought them to you although, as you rightly said, it is not recommended if you want to follow your diet. However, we reiterate our apologies for failing to make your stay satisfactory and we would like to welcome you back in the future so you can see our improvements. All members of our team are working every day to improve and deliver the excellence that our guests deserve.
Best regards,
The SHA team.
bendinat
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The rooms were nice! Rip off advice from doctors of trying to sell you unnecessary tests and
detox powders! I went to Sha to relax but got more stressed during my stay! Doctor advised me several massages , so they booked them for me without telling me prices. i found out the next day!
Sold me the vulcanic ash detox powder for 1 month but it only works if you take it for 6 months. (1 box 550 euros) . I had a thai massage from a thai masseuse , she didn't speak any english neither spanisch! I told her be carefull with my neck but she only could say thai massage thai massage . ( very professional) So i woke up in the middle of the night with a lot of pain ! Next day i went to the reception to ask if they could give me a cream. I had to go to the docter and she called a nurse who came with 2 injections. One paracetamol ( that ok) and one valium... big joke! I went to the director and he admitted there mistakes and wanted to make it up with me . With extra massages very kind but with the checking out they were on my bill! I can tell more things which happend over there but i think this is already enough " By the way to most people i met there were not satisfied as well!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your honest review. We have read your comments very attentively and they will surely be useful to help build our service levels and improve for the future.

We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations of relax, health and well-being and, as you know, all the members of our Management Team tried to make it up because we always try to bring the best to our clients and most of them leave SHA with a pleasant feeling.
We also regret the misunderstanding about the MEGA NFC®10 product but, although this product is recommended to be taken during six months, its effects may be noticed in only one month.

Regarding our thai masseuse, we would like you to know that most of our guests are content with this therapist and we are particularly proud of having in our team a native that can practice an authentic Thai Massage. However, we take note of your comment and we will proceed to introduce an interpreter in the cabin when it is needed.

We didn’t know about your neck problems before the massage. If our medical team had been aware of that, they would have advised to the masseuse and she would have used a more appropriate technique.

Concerning the injections prescribed by our doctors, we consider they had a correct medical praxis, as Paracetamol relieves general pain and Valium can be used for high muscular pain if necessary.

However, we reiterate our apologies and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again here so that you can revise your positive overall impression. Our whole team works to offer the best to our guests and we would like to have the opportunity to show we are able to learn from our mistakes.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you soon.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am an hard working middle-aged business woman , from one side I dont have much time to escape , from the other side gaining weight, stopping exercise , keeping bad hours to eat and sleep , lately made me very unhappy and decreased my energy level. I had to stop that situation . After a short search I decided to go to SHA Wellness Clinic & Spa .
I directly flied from Istanbul to Valencia and than a hotel car wellcomed me in the airport.
After a trip about an hour , we reached to the hotel. Reception wellcomed with smiling faces.
My room was perfect, minimal design , big as about 70 sqm , private dressing room, very comfortable bed , handy bathroom furnished with all needs , a big terrace with wonderfull mountain view and a soft relaxing music broadcast are the first things I can count. As a business woman to be in need of connection to my office , as first thing I checked wireless connection and saw that everything is allright.
I joined to heavy weight loss + detox programme and followed very seriously. Without any mistake all staff were helpful , all had smiling faces , and all were expert in their subject.
By the way do not try to confuse kitchen staff , they follow your programme on-line and no body gives anything extra than written in your programme.
On the other side one night I felt asleep in my room and missed dinner time , even though kitchen was closed they helped me and gave my food .These two samples prooved me SHA Wellness Clinic is very serious in following your programme but still keeping their Latin heart .
As a result I lost 3,9 kg in 7 days ,totally renewed both physically and mentally. I am definitely happy from my stay and am planning to go again in April.
Hint: Don't miss morning walks to Lighthouse . You will feel very energetic.

I thank to all SHA Wellness Clinic & Spa personnels and conguratulate Mr. Bateller for his very professional management.
See you all soon , best regards.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your amazing testimonial about your SHA experience. It's lovely to see you don't only achieved your health goals but also you enjoyed every detail of our services.

We hope to see you soon enjoying one of our morning walks to Lighthouse.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

A perfect location to relax and lose weight! The hotel design and location is stunning with zen spirit and fantastic view. The rooms are very pleasant and well designed with large windows and private balcony. Many details have been thought to make you stay comfortable... The food is absolutely delicious even if you go for the diet program. More importantly, each member of the staff from guest relationship to personal coach is dynamic and enthousiatic to ensure your stay meets your full satisfaction. The variety of massages are absolutly fabulous and the physiotherapists are higly skilled. Last but not least, the management team, recently on board, is really eager to do the extra miles to set this Spa up to the standards of 5 stars luxury hotels with unique wellness and clinical treatments.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you ver much for your really kind comment about your SHA experience. We love to see you appreciate our big effort to offer our guests the maximum standards of excellence.

All the members of our staff would like to thank your nice words about us. We will love to see you soon at SHA!

Thanks again and best regards,
Den Haag
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a beauty editor for 11 years I travel a lot. I wrote for all the big international magazine's, but in my career I have never been to a paradise like SHA. Everything is perfect, so I was very in shock to have wrote the unpleasant comments of other visitors. The treatments, the hospitality, the care and service in SHAMADI, the view, the room, the staff at the reception, they are all doing there best to make you feel happy and relaxed. Everything in SHA is more than clean, more than well organized en by far, more than perfect! To the unhappy visitors of SHA,there are two kind of people, the ones that always have something to complain and will never ever be happy in life at all (please ignore them) , and there are the pleasend people who will let there critics show, butt they will also stay respectful and understandable. The question is, what kind of people do you wan't to be...! SHA is paradise, if you don't see it, you probably have a sleeping mask on you're eyes.
Sabina

Room Tip: Room 503 TOP location overlooking the mountain and the sea.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sabina,

As you already know, we love to see how you enjoyed you experience at SHA. Thank you very much for your lovely words about us and we hope to see you soon!

Kukusik
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very nice place, and I agree with a lot of reviewers that the facilities, the kitchen with a fab chef, and stand alone treatments were very nice and worth the price. I was impressed by the massage therapists, facial treatments' technicians, homeopathic doctors, acupuncturists, the dentist, and aesthetic dermatologist.

That being said, I went for a smoking cessation program, and unfortunately, I have to say that there wasn't much of a "program". There were a number of natural remedies available, such as Alkaline food - the basis of macrobiotic diet, that is said to repress the urge to smoke; acupuncture, and reflexology... but again, it wasn't much of a program. On day #1 you were offered a natural remedy to sniff on to calm down the cravings, but that's pretty much it... so, step #1 - stop smoking; step #2 - don't smoke...

A few elements of the "program" were not helpful at all:

- 1x introductory class assessment and advice with personal trainer (they will just measure you and offer to show gym's equipment)
- Consultation with psychologist (if you are English speaking, just skip that; she wasn't able to communicate effectively, and one session in the middle of the program is not helpful either)
- the Web site states that you get 3 acupuncture sessions, you get 2
- the Web site states that you get 3 oxygen therapy sessions, you get 2
- SHA Coaching: 2 months communication by e-mail for follow up consultations and doubts after your stay (nobody brought this up to me at all)

I was also not a big fan of group classes - I found them to be not that great - the instructors had a tough time adjusting to different levels, and yoga was just bad. There was one great yoga instructor available for private sessions, but she wasn't the one leading the group classes.

I was also a bit turned off by the constant up-selling of the services - for example, your "Dermatological test with skin scanner " would end up being an offer to upsell skin tightening laser treatments. You would think that the dermatologist would actually examine your skin for any potential cancer spots... but no, it's about thermage offers. At least this is the feeling that myself and a few other women got.

So, my recommendation is - if you are looking to relax, get pampered, have a good time, and try out a macrobiotic diet, that's a great place, but for "programs" it's a bit disappointing, especially at this price point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your honest review about SHA. We are happy to see you enjoyed our facilities, our food and our treatments and we apologize for the inconvenients you had with your Anti-Tobacco program.

We have noted all your comments so they will help us to improve our services. We are working day by day to improve the content of our programs and services so they can really be more useful to our guests.

Our main objective is to adapt our services to the specific needs of our guests and, if you decide to come to SHA again, we would offer you a personalized program so you can have exactly what you desire.

Thanks again for your honest review and hope to see you soon.

SHA Team.

Been to SHA Wellness Clinic? Share your experiences!