“Not Your Typical Hotel in Ecuador” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La CasaBlanca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tena
La CasaBlanca
You added La CasaBlanca to your Saves list
Aeropuerto Dos | Churiyuyo y Ishpingo, Tena EC150150, Ecuador   |
Special Rate
Weekly and Monthly Rates
Ranked #2 of 7 Tena B&B and Inns
Quito, Ecuador
“Not Your Typical Hotel in Ecuador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had been on the road for a while and this place was a breathe of fresh air. Michelle is so organized and has a great welcome back with all the information you could possibly need on Tena. She and Gary both go out of their way to answer any questions and to assist with any needs. It was also a nice break to have host that speak English.

The hotel is set up great for short or longer stays. The kitchen is excellent for preparing your own meals, the showers are very hot, AND there is an excellent washer and dryer that are free to use.

Not to mention, Tena is a great spot if you love the outdoors. Make sure that you go on one of Gary's tours, it's a great way to see the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Albert, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Michelle, Gary and their lovely daughters made our stay here a delight. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. There was plenty of hot water for showers and a patio space to gaze at stars and listen to night sounds. We enjoyed a tour with Gary and look forward to returning so that we can book another one. The fully equipped kitchen is well set up. Michelle is obviously a very organized person. Thanks Michelle and Gary for a wonderful time. Give those little munchkins of yours a big hug for us!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle K, Owner at La CasaBlanca, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi, Thanks for staying with us and the nice review, consider hugs given and we look forward to seeing you next time around (and good luck with that!) Sincerely, Michelle and Gary
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had a team of 8 of us stay here the first week of April 2014. The freedom, atmosphere and welcome feeling we received from Michelle and Gary helped to make our stay there that much more memorable. The team was able to move around and function during our stay as well as take advantage of exciting outings that Gary helps to facilitate. Looking forward to returning soon and continuing to enjoy the hospitality that they provided. Michelle and Gary, thanks for all the assistance you provided us throughout the week and thank you on behalf of my team for making this a wonderful shared memory!

Room Tip: Whether you choose the dorm room or the private rooms, your stay there will be worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here in February with a friend of mine and was thoroughly impressed with the hospitality of Michelle and Gary. Prior to my stay I had been in touch with Michelle via email and she was always very prompt with her responses. She provided us with a warm welcome when we arrived late in the evening and gave us maps and restaurant recommendations in the area. The hotel was immaculate. I really appreciated how clean everything was and the fact that purified water is used throughout the entire space.

Definitely sign up for a tour with Gary. We didn't find much to do at all in the actual town, and I think the only thing to actually do is spend the day on one of his tours. Luckily, he is a great resource. We signed up for the chocolate making and stayed overnight in a jungle lodge which was quite the adventure. My only complaints about my time in Tena was that near the hotel there isn't much you can walk to. We got food delivered to the hotel twice, which I was not expecting to have to do. Also, none of the 4 taxis I took had heard of the La CasaBlanca which proved a bit difficult considering our Spanish isn't at a high level. If you are traveling in Tena this is definitely the best option and Michelle & Gary will ensure you have a pleasant stay in their home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Michelle and Gary at La Casablanca Hotel. From the beginning Michelle was very accommodating and made sure that my room reservation and taxi booking to Tena from Quito was ready to go. I also wanted to do a few day trips with Gary, but I was coming alone, so they grouped me in with two lovely couples staying the same weekend as me, so that the cost for the tours was brought down for me significantly.

A great aspect of my stay was that Michelle and Gary really welcomed me and make me feel like a part of their life in Tena. They took a group of us to a karaoke place in town, and the next day I went shopping at the local fruit and veggie market with Michelle. They even lent me a bicycle that I used one morning to explore the town.

The hotel itself is beautiful and new, and it's about a 15 minute walk outside of town so it is completely tranquil and quiet. The water is completely purified, down to the showers. The kitchen is fully equipped and each room has a locker in the kitchen where you can store your personal food items. The owners' house is attached to the hotel, so they are always there if you need them.

I was there for three nights and could have stayed longer! If I ever find myself in Tena again I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the same level, and face a small backyard behind the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We enjoyed our comfortable stay at La Casa Blanca, Tena and will stay there again our on future trips. The Garces/Klein family is fun to be around and they worked hard to make sure our stay was great. Amazing kitchen with generous seating area. Many unique qualities

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same and ckean. The hostel room has single rentals with large bathroom and ex...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Tena, look no further than La Casablanca. My wife and I stayed here and at 2 other places around Tena. I would highly recommend this hotel based on these factors: 1 location - close enough to everything, but not too loud 2. The help that Michelle gave during our trip planning and while traveling was superb. We travel a lot, and I have never had such good customer service as this! 3. They have everything you need to stay here a day, a week, or a month. Laundry, WIFI, tours into the jungle, hot water, comfortable beds, kitchen, etc. 4. quiet at night (cannot be said for other places!!!)

I believe that Gary and Michelle go above and beyond the call of duty to provide a good experience for the guests. We will definitely stay there again if we are in Tena in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La CasaBlanca? Share your experiences!