“no need to stay anywhere else in Tena” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La CasaBlanca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tena
La CasaBlanca
You added La CasaBlanca to your Saves list
Aeropuerto Dos | Churiyuyo y Ishpingo, Tena EC150150, Ecuador   |
Special Rate
Weekly and Monthly Rates
Ranked #2 of 7 Tena B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“no need to stay anywhere else in Tena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here in February with a friend of mine and was thoroughly impressed with the hospitality of Michelle and Gary. Prior to my stay I had been in touch with Michelle via email and she was always very prompt with her responses. She provided us with a warm welcome when we arrived late in the evening and gave us maps and restaurant recommendations in the area. The hotel was immaculate. I really appreciated how clean everything was and the fact that purified water is used throughout the entire space.

Definitely sign up for a tour with Gary. We didn't find much to do at all in the actual town, and I think the only thing to actually do is spend the day on one of his tours. Luckily, he is a great resource. We signed up for the chocolate making and stayed overnight in a jungle lodge which was quite the adventure. My only complaints about my time in Tena was that near the hotel there isn't much you can walk to. We got food delivered to the hotel twice, which I was not expecting to have to do. Also, none of the 4 taxis I took had heard of the La CasaBlanca which proved a bit difficult considering our Spanish isn't at a high level. If you are traveling in Tena this is definitely the best option and Michelle & Gary will ensure you have a pleasant stay in their home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Michelle and Gary at La Casablanca Hotel. From the beginning Michelle was very accommodating and made sure that my room reservation and taxi booking to Tena from Quito was ready to go. I also wanted to do a few day trips with Gary, but I was coming alone, so they grouped me in with two lovely couples staying the same weekend as me, so that the cost for the tours was brought down for me significantly.

A great aspect of my stay was that Michelle and Gary really welcomed me and make me feel like a part of their life in Tena. They took a group of us to a karaoke place in town, and the next day I went shopping at the local fruit and veggie market with Michelle. They even lent me a bicycle that I used one morning to explore the town.

The hotel itself is beautiful and new, and it's about a 15 minute walk outside of town so it is completely tranquil and quiet. The water is completely purified, down to the showers. The kitchen is fully equipped and each room has a locker in the kitchen where you can store your personal food items. The owners' house is attached to the hotel, so they are always there if you need them.

I was there for three nights and could have stayed longer! If I ever find myself in Tena again I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the same level, and face a small backyard behind the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We enjoyed our comfortable stay at La Casa Blanca, Tena and will stay there again our on future trips. The Garces/Klein family is fun to be around and they worked hard to make sure our stay was great. Amazing kitchen with generous seating area. Many unique qualities

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same and ckean. The hostel room has single rentals with large bathroom and ex...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Tena, look no further than La Casablanca. My wife and I stayed here and at 2 other places around Tena. I would highly recommend this hotel based on these factors: 1 location - close enough to everything, but not too loud 2. The help that Michelle gave during our trip planning and while traveling was superb. We travel a lot, and I have never had such good customer service as this! 3. They have everything you need to stay here a day, a week, or a month. Laundry, WIFI, tours into the jungle, hot water, comfortable beds, kitchen, etc. 4. quiet at night (cannot be said for other places!!!)

I believe that Gary and Michelle go above and beyond the call of duty to provide a good experience for the guests. We will definitely stay there again if we are in Tena in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We found this place through an excellent review in TripAdvisor. We were extremely happy with our stay. We stayed here for seven days. Hotel is very clean - room, bathroom and kitchen. This hotel was built only a year ago. Ecuadorian husband (Gary) is a tour guide and his American wife (Michelle) manages the hotel. Since Michelle is an American, I guess she built the hotel in an American style - tile floor, large bathroom, white wall, etc. The kitchen is very clean with a refrigerator, gas stoves, two kitchen sinks, several wooden tables, etc. We can also use their washer and drier for laundry. Gary and Michelle's hospitality made our stay more enjoyable. They went an extra mile to help us. At the night before coming to Tena, I had a diarrhea a few times. So, we decided to take a taxi instead of a bus from Latacunga. I called Michelle in the early Sunday morning. She called a few tax drivers and arranged a taxi for us. For our safe arrival, Gary called our taxi driver to make sure we are o.k. Since my Spanish is very limited, Gary made a ticket reservation for us for a Devil's Nose train ride. We took three tours with Gary (Motor canoe trip for chocolate and chicha making demo; Inflatable Kayak trip; Caving, zoo & waterfall). Gary was very professional and we very much enjoyed his tours. We recommended this hotel to our friends and definitely will stay here if we come back to Tena.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle K, Owner at La CasaBlanca, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hi, Thank you so much for the great review! We really enjoyed meeting you as well and look forward to meeting your friends. (And maybe the two of you again someday!) Enjoy the rest of your trip! Michelle and Gary
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was working near Tena for six months, and I had to come up to town every now and than, so I needed a place which would feel a little bit like home.
I was extremely lucky to have found La Casa Blanca. It is a very comfortable, clean and spacious hostel. But what makes it really really exceptional are the great hosts. Michelle and Gary were amazing - welcoming, helpful and caring. They immediately adopted me to the Casa Blanca family, and gave me a home away from home, which I really appreciated so far from my friends and family. It helps that they share all their knowledge of the city with you, tell you where to buy nice fruit and veg...and Michelle has even made an amazing cook book about how to eat all those Amazonian fruit you've never seen before.
There is good internet, and purified water in the whole hostel, which runs even during Tena's frequent water cuts.

Eventually, my parents, who are slightly more of a 'high end' travellers than I am, came to stay, and they loved it, too. They found everything up to the high hotel standards they are used to. Plus we did an amaizng 1.5 day tour with Gary, which ended up being a highlight of my parent's 3 week stay in Ecuador.

If you are coming to Tena, don't even think of staying elsewhere. You'd be missing out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michelle K, Owner at La CasaBlanca, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thanks so much! We look forward to your return. Michelle and Gary
Manta, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have been in Tena many times and visited many hostels and hotels, but La Casa Blanca is seriously 10x better than any others! It is clean, save, and the staff is amazing. Gary and Michelle are so helpful and will go out of their way to assist you find tours or just general advice on the area. You would be crazy not to stay here while traveling through Tena!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to La CasaBlanca? Share your experiences!