“Fun first rafting experience in Tena” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Attractions in Tena
Type: Tours, Adventure
Kristiansand, Norway
36 attraction reviews
“Fun first rafting experience in Tena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a great day out with Caveman adventures in Tena, Ecuador. It was good value for money, the included lunch was great, the equipment was very good and the guides made sure that we had a fun experience. This was my first time rafting, and it was much more fun that what I thought it would be. The guides seemed to enjoy themselves at all times, which I think is also important.

Visited March 2013

Quito, Ecuador
“Great Experience, Great Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We used Caveman Adventures to go white water rafting. The equipment was in very good shape. The guides were entertaining, very knowledgeable, and easily built comradery in the boat. The safety training before getting on the boat was excellent. I felt very safe and the guides were always in control. They apparently were internationally certified as guides (national/local certifications in Ecuador can sometimes be questionable). The river was great and the guide could pick and choose the level of difficulty we would pass through. We had a 12 year old as part of our group and he had a great time.

Visited October 2012
Quito, Ecuador
4 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable series of kayak lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Last year, after a few couple days rafting and falling in love with Tena, I decided that I wanted to learn how to whitewater kayak and randomly ended up meeting the owner of this tour company and taking 2 days of beginning lessons. By this time, I was hooked and came back for another week last fall. I was seriously impressed with Jaime's experience kayaking and the ability to guide me through the process of fairly quickly becoming confident in the kayak and being able to perform a number of necessary maneuvers. He was necessarily cautious about building up skills gradually and assessing what I realistically could handle to avoid any potentially dangerous situations. Still, when we got out onto some bigger class III rapids later in the week, I had complete confidence that my life was in good hands. I suppose that's one of the most important things; however, I also had a ton of fun on the trips, which is important if you're going to spend an entire day with someone on the river. I still can't believe my good luck falling into this experience which was one of the most fun and rewarding things I've done in a while. I can't promise that everyone will become obsessed with kayaking and/or rafting, but I know it to have happened to quite a few of my friends. It's an absolute must in Tena, and I would have no qualms about sending someone to this tour operator. I didn't take any of their raft trips, but I do know that Jaime has been leading kayaking and raft trips for a number of years in both Ecuador and the States.

My last bit of advice is that if you're new to kayaking and want to learn, you should really try to take multiple lessons in a row if you can. A large chunk of the first day will be spent learning how to roll your kayak (if you get tipped upside down) and multiple days will allow you more time to actually see things on the river.

Visited October 2011