I have just returned from 3 nights on a B& B Basis £90 per night and in all honesty it just is not worth it. Isolated on the old Wellingborough Road I found it to be noisy upon arrival with the room I had been allocated. The reception was extremely untidy and gave first impressions of not caring. In fairness the reception did address this and changed me to a room away from the "A" Road which adjoins the hotel. I have no qualms with the staff, in fact found those that I dealt with to be very pleasant. The rooms however were not and should not be in the price bracket that I paid.
1. Waifer thin walls enabling me to hear every movement from the occupant in the rooms either side.
2. Shower head was caked in limescale.
3. The plug in the sink was broken, and I could not use this facility for 3 days - Having reported it as broken on my first morning, it stilll was not repaired by the time I checked out.
4. Bar prices I found to be extortionate. I drank a pint of Orange Juice and Lemonade (Cartoned Juice and Post mix Lemonade and was charged £4 00 ( When I checked my bill upon departure and queried it,I was told that I had had J20 which I clearly hadn't.
5. The Breakfast layout was totally uninviting with dirty teaspoons, no serviettes, fruit salad,fresh fruit, hams or cheeses etc.
This is not an establishment that I would recommend at the pricess being charged.
- Also Known As:
- The World`s End Hotel Northampton
- The World`s End Hotel
- Worlds End Northampton
- Worlds End Hotel Northampton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the edge of the village of Ecton, on the A4500 midway between Northampton and Wellingborough, this boutique-style residence provides comfortable, modern rooms, alongside great food, beers and wine. The modern rooms at the AA 4-star Worlds End feature LCD TVs, tea/coffee, broadband internet access, under-floor heating and a private bathroom with bath and shower. Take time to relax in the bar areas, or enjoy a meal in the contemporary restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your The World's End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.