“Pleasant stay, friendly and helpful staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gero Onsen Fugaku

Save Saved
You added Gero Onsen Fugaku to your Saves list
Gero Onsen Fugaku
3.0 of 5 Onsen Ryokan   |   898 Yunoshima, Gero, Gifu Prefecture 509-2207 , Japan (Gero Onsen)   |
Ranked #1 of 45 Gero B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Pleasant stay, friendly and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have a really joyful and pleasant stay at Gero Fugaku. We love the meal , special the beef. Rooms are clean and comfort. Staffs are friendly and helpful make us feel comfort and at ease even we do cause them in trouble.

First, we made a mistake that we missed the Onsen bus! Ben did comfort us and gave us useful information on how to get Gero. They pick up and drive us to Fugaku, even though its not far from the station.

I would like to say thank you to BEN NG, the sale manager of Fugaku. With the help of him and his lovely staff, we have the handbag which is left on the train BACK.

We have a great time at Gero Fugaku Ryokan and good memory at this vacation.

We highly recommend Fugaku.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here. It was a really wonderful time! Even though it is close to the station the staff was very friendly and helpful arranging a car to and from. We had a day trip to shirakawago and returned a bit later than the normal dinner time so they arranged a different dinner hour for us. The staff was very friendly and chatty, it was easy to feel comfortable and at ease while still feeling like a fancy, well kept place. Also, walking around to the various foot bathes at night was amazing!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was really a joyful and pleasant trip to stay Fugaku and I could enjoy onsen and great food provided by this Ryokan. Besides, the Manger was very helpful and showed warm hospitality to house guest. Really enjoyed the trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have a wonderful holiday at Gero Fugaku.
We suppose to go to hotel by walk from JR station as we arrived earlier at noon . Ben Ng , a very nice guy who speak Cantonese pick at JR station and drive us to the hotel, We love the the nice food , special the Beef , it is delicious , the room is clean and comfort. We enjoy the Onsen so much.
We would like to say thank you to Ben with good arrangement.
We highly recommend Gero Fugaku

From
Anita and Raymonf

Room Tip: Convenience , good service, clean and comfortable room,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My boy friend and I were surprised for Fugaku's arrangement. We suppose to go to hotel by walk from JR station as we haven’t made the reservation of free shuttle bus pick up. While I walk out from the JR station, there is a nice guy – Mr Ben who speaks Cantonese and drives us to the hotel. Thank you so much.

The room is really nice and comfortable. We love such Japanese style room a lot. The thing I must mention is the meal – Kaiseki course, it is very delicious, and we even can’t finish them all. We really enjoy the Onsen, which relaxing and refreshing our tired body

My boy friend and I had a pleasant staying experience at Fugaku. I highly recommend this hotel! Thanks again, Ben san.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed this hotel with my American boyfriend.
Some of the hotel staffs couldn't speak English but
they were very friendly and tried to talk to my boyfriend with their gesture.
And all hotel signboards and explanations are written in Japanese and English
so I bet it's very helpful for foreigners.

The hotel stuff offered to pick and see us off to the station by their car when we needed.
But it's located close enough to Gero station by foot.(approx.10minutes walk)

Woman can choose from many beautiful yukata clothes and it's nice selection.
You can wear it and walk in the city.

If you reserve private bath beforehand, you can borrow it for 40 minutes.
It's 100% source of hotspring.
Other than that, there are some public bathrooms in this hotel.
The buthtab is big and I could see scenery view from it.

Food service in the room was very good experience.
Plenty of beautiful foods were served, like Hida beef, baked fish and other local foods. I really enjoyed it.
When we stayed(Dec 22nd 2012), there's fire works in front of this hotel.
I could see it very closely in the warm room. I was really happy to see it.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This time is my second time stay at Fugaku. This year we are 7 ppl stay at Fugaku. This year 24 Dec 2012 have a special Fire work show on that night. Ben Ng arranged the best 3 rooms for us that are the best view to see Fire work. My friends and me have a wonderful night that Xmas night.
The Fire work show so "Super" beautiful that I have never seen. They have good food , good service and nice room. I am very appreciate that all arranged by Ben. I am sure I will be visit again in one day. Thanks Ben again. Happy New Year and All the Best!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Gero Onsen Fugaku? Share your experiences!