“The Highlight of our trip !” 5 of 5 stars

Piazza San Martino, 3, 53026 Monticchiello, Pienza, Italy   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Hong-KOng
“The Highlight of our trip !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Found this B&B by chance on Google map, searching for the perfect spot for day trips driving in Tuscany. I couldn't have found better.

The village is just exactly what I imagine a Tuscany village to be. You can see Pienza from the village, its a short trip on one side to Montepulciano and another short trip the other to Montalcino. Its a walled village, cars are limited inside the village, so its very peaceful.

For Casa Adelina, even better. There was no one so the owner gave us the key and told us Andrea will come next morning for breakfast. We were left alone in this charming 1000 year old house ... I felt like at home, in a home I always dreamed to have. Everynight, coming from either Montepulciano or Montalcino , we were enjoying in Santo and Biscotti, sitting in the leaving room, with a jazzy background music. The kitchen was all ours, and we were able to cook nice meals, taking a break from restaurants. In one word, awesome.

Oh, and I almost forgot ... Andrea's breakfast ... nice "gauffres", caffe latte, fresh bread ... what a good way to start a day. Andrea is discreet and very helpful at the same time. A very good host.

The main problem is when you leave Casa Adellina and Monticchiello, the rest of the trip is just not the same and you just want to go back to Casa Adelina ...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights at the start of my Italian holiday and had the most amazing time. It was my first time to Monticcheillo, but since my friend had stayed at la casa di Adelina before we decided to start our trip there.

Firstly, Monticchiello is a beautiful little village in Tuscany. The only sound is silence - amazing! But, while it's very quiet it's really close to lots of other great hilltop towns so there's lots to see and do in the area. There's two restaurants in the town and the quality of the food was incredible. It was so lovely to wander the quiet streets of Monticchello and soak up the village life.

The B&B at Adelina is just wonderful. Francesco is the perfect host and nothing is too much trouble for him. We stayed in the rooftop apartment which consists of a bedroom, bathroom, galley kitchen, living room and sitting room (which has an amazing view of the Tuscan valley). It was a great space for two friends to chill out in between sightseeing trips and an absoloutely perfect place to stay.

The B&B is set in a beautiful old building that has been in Francescos family for generations and he runs a lovely little artists gallery on the ground floor (beautiful watercolours painted by his mother) where you can buy a momento of your trip if you'd like one.

The B&B has an eclectic mix of artifacts and paintings that make you feel like you're staying in someones home rather than a 'hotel'. Francesco also makes a wonderful breakfast and espresso in the morning.

At the end of four days it felt like we were saying goodbye to an old friend. I'd definitely recommend staying there and we'll definitely be back.

Thanks Francesco!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
budapest, hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Avoiding the large groups roaming Siena and Florence (Firenze!), we enjoyed staying in this bed & breakfast. Tastefully furnished, it is like staying with a family member or friends's house. Our room had two disadvantages: you can hear other rooms/guests and there was no wardrobe where you can hang your clothes.
The host Francesco is very welcoming, with the tips-hints he gave us we had much more interesting car trips! The breakfast is quite nice, too with dangerously good waffels (gofri) and home marmalades.
The restaurant in the village La Porta is a real gem, people travel large distances to get a table there, and this is all within 2 minutes from the B&B. Make sure you reserve in time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Jena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I enjoyed some wonderful days with the kind hospitality of Adelina and Francesci. With the help of Francesci I had some fabulous trips in the area of Pienza. Located in a fantastic medieval palazzo, tasteful decorated rooms and living room. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Typical Italian breakfast with fresh coffee. The culinary highlight is the dinner freshly prepared by Francesci.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

La Casa di Adelina is located into a small and charming medioeval village. The house itself has a very interesting architecture and decoration, and the ambient is really atmospheric. The B & B is located at the 3rd storey and there is no lift, so we would not recommend it to older people. Parking may be a problem because the streets are very narrow but should not deter you from going there since Montichiello is very small and parking is free ( quite rare in expensive Tuscany).
Being an ancient and refurbished house, sometimes the bathroom is not into the room. But the size of the spaces and the accurate ambientation makes you forget this fact. Francesco -the owner- is always giving support in order to ensure that your stay is the most pleasant it can be. He is a perfectionist and e.g. welcomes you with an excellent coffee or tea and asks you which type of breakfast you prefer. We chose for a continental one and as a starter we got an excellent fruitjuice.We got 3 sorts of bread and a piece of a waffle with preserves ( we didn't want meat or so) and of course coffee or tea. He gives advice about what is going on, tours to be made etc.. We made a nice walk along the remparts of the town. So during your stay you'll be able to capture a piece of this fantastic place that is Vall D'Orcia.
The landscape is awesome, and so they are the amazing villages all around here over the Tuscan hills.
There is an interesting enoteca-ristorante at the entrance of the village (La Porta), with fantastic meals and wines.
We will absolutely recommend this B&B

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I stayed at La Casa di Adelina for the first time and I was very pleased overall with my experience. Host Francesco is an exceptionally accommodating host and his English is very good. So is his father's, who greeted me when I arrived. My room was a nice size with a fantastic view. I had free use of a huge living room and reading room at the top of the house with a fabulous view over the rooftops of Montecchiello and beyond to Pienza. It was magic.

My bathroom was exceptionally clean but I probably bumped my head 10 times during my 3-night stay. I found that to be sort of a pain (literal as well as actual!) But, it was a small price to pay for the comfort. A true B&B, you make your own bed and you keep your surroundings tidy on your own. Breakfast was sufficient, but no second cup of coffee or cappuccino was offered and it would have been nice to have a second. I had the special breakfast on Day 2 and it was amazing! I loved my stay but warning to future guests - no matter the temptation, stay away from the mini bar. My tiny bottle of wine cost 15 Euro, or more than two bottles of full-sized vino. Ouch.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Being an ancient and refurbished house, sometimes the bathroom is not into the room. But the size of the spaces and the accurate ambientation makes you forget this fact. It would be easier in a new building, but charm is important, isn't it?
Plus this, you can use the wi-fi if you travel with your laptop. Consider that this is a rural area and the signal is not always strong, but is a XXI c. luxury to have this service available!
Francesco -the owner- is always giving support in order to ensure that your stay is the most pleasant it can be. He gives advices about cultural visits and trekking routes out of the beaten paths and the guides. So during your stay you'll be able to capture a piece of this fantastic place that is Vall D'Orcia.
We will absolutely reccomend this B&B, and we would like to come back soon!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La casa di Adelina Charming House? Share your experiences!