“Fantastic B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old School Keele

The Old School Keele
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keele
The Old School Keele
You added The Old School Keele to your Saves list
Church Bank, Keele, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 5AT, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Keele B&B and Inns
“Fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed at The Old School for one night in September 2012 as I was attending a dear friends wedding at the Uni.

I travelled alone, which is rare for me, and not something I particularly enjoy. However Val made me feel so welcome, it never felt like an issue. I had the red room, with the separate but private bathroom across the hall. This was fine, as I had so much space to get ready and the bed was RIDICULOUSLY comfy :)

Breakfast was a real highlight, and the nespresso machine in the dining room is much appreciated. When I commented on somebody else having a Staffordshire oatcake at breakfast, Val was more than happy to bring me one out, despite having already finished cooking mine. All this for 45 single, what a bargain!

Can't wait to go back and take my husband sometime. The old School is a real credit and so worthy of such high praise.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in August and this is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. We stayed in the double room, which was really nice and roomy. The room was lovely and clean and the breakfast was outstanding. Really would recommend the Staffordshire oatcake!

Val who runs the B&B was lovely and really helpful throughout the weekend.

The location was ideal being only a 10 minute walk from Keele university. Easy to get to as well as the 25 bus stops right outside the B&B. There is also a pub just across the road which serves excellent food and drink.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had the good fortune at staying at this B&B for four nights during my son's visit to Keele University for a soccer tournament. The room I stayed in was large and comfortable. While the bathroom was across the hall, it was large and private. Everything was kept immaculately clean and the facilities were modern.
Val was an excellent hostess. The breakfast was large and excellent. I asked Val if she minded letting my 13 year old son come to breakfast one morning and she not only agreed but had a place set him for at the table the next morning. Val also allowed me to attach my computer to the television in the dining room/study.
The pub across the street was an added plus, as they were very friendly and served good food. I highly recommend the Old School to anyone coming to this area. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms. I never saw the other bedroom. The room I was in faced the street where th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Rainy North of England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here following a friends wedding and it was absolutely perfect. The rooms are lovely and cosy, absolutely spotless and our bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic - more than we could eat. Val, the owner, is hospitable and really helpful. This is one of the best B&Bs I've ever stayed in.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We've booked this B&B 2 nights before, asked to arrive late in the evening as we just used it as a stop on our way to Lake District. There was no problem in arriving late and we could park our car within the "school's" car park. Val is very friendly and our room was very neat, comfortable and had a nice bathroom. Our breakfast in the morning was copious , all fresh (excellent mushroom), strawberries, nespresso,.... wow! I would ilk to thank Val again for our wonderful stay. This is a superb B&B! We'll be back , but for longer this time :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Portishead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Only booked for one night but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nothing was too much trouble for Val and she made us feel very welcome, especially as we asked if we could have breakfast a little earlier for our little daughter! The room was warm, clean and cosy and our private bathroom was nice and clean also. There was lots of choice for breakfast and the nespresso coffee machine was excellent. The house is set in idyllic village surroundings and couldn't be nicer. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Can't think how this could have been improved! Warm welcome from Val, with a really comfortable bed in a nice warm room. Separate bathroom but only for my use, with large bath, good shower and plenty of luxury towels. Coffee from fantastic Nespresso machine plus tea, available to help ourselves to in the dining room in the evening. The cooked breakfast was a treat, with a big choice available, all freshly prepared. Fresh fruit, including strawberries, good yoghurt, choice of cereals, fruit juices, fresh bread and toaster all provided to help yourself to. The building is full of character and Val is a lovely hostess. Everything is of a really high standard and the rooms were very clean. A really great B and B, I hope I will need accomodation in that area again!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, on both occasions I stayed I was on my own but had a big comfy double bed
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Old School Keele? Share your experiences!