My wife and I stayed at Fairlawns on their Exclusive Stay and we both had a very enjoyable and relaxing time.
Being seasoned spa goers, Fairlawns sits very nicely within the range of places to visit. It is not just a hotel which boasts of having a spa, which turns out to be a pool, sauna and steam room; nor is it akin to the mega spas (and mega prices) such as Ragdale and Champneys.
Fairlawns offers pleasant comfortable accommodation, delicious high quality food, a good range of spa facilities and outstanding customer service.
The latter was evident throughout our stay, but none more so than on two occasions when members of the team ‘went that extra mile’ to fulfil our expectations.
Firstly, after initially saying our scheduled treatment times were OK, we later asked at the spa reception if we could move the last one forward to allow us to begin our return journey to Nottingham a little sooner. Samantha ( I think) very kindly did some juggling on the following day’s itineraries and managed to rearrange our time to one that suited us perfectly.
Secondly, after expressing concerns that a group of guests in the room across the corridor from us seemed to be a little loud, we received a call in our room from Dave to say there was an alternative room available if we wished to move. We accepted his kind invitation and found ourselves further away in what I presume to be a suite, as it was very spacious with a huge bed.
Dave was also in charge of the restaurant in the evening and his warm welcome was followed by a most delicious meal of the highest quality. Food in general was one of the highlights, including the meats and fish in the spa grazing lounge at lunch the next day and not forgetting to mention the famous brownies!
There were just a couple of small things that prevented me from giving a five star review. One was confusion about breakfast, which was mistakenly waiting in the spa lounge and consequently upon delivery to our room the drinks and toast had gone cold. There was no problem though when we asked for replacements.
Also, when requesting lockers for the spa, we were both given keys to the female flexi changing room. This sounded odd, so we hesitated in the corridor and upon returning to the spa reception a different lady said I had been given the wrong key – nearly a very embarrassing moment!
I also found it rather strange for a health venue, that smoking was permitted on the outdoor sun lounger areas and to reach the sauna cabin you had to walk right past smokers.
Those minor things aside, we had a great time overall and we will most likely return sometime in the future. The customer service was amongst the best we have received and made us feel genuinely valued.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An award-winning restaurant, adult fitness club, luxurious spa and landscaped grounds complement this family run hotel situated to the north of Birmingham, close to Walsall, Sutton and Lichfield. Bedrooms all offer modern facilities including free internet, power showers and digital flat screen television; superior rooms are comfort cooled. Free parking has controlled entry / exit barriers and video surveillance.Private meeting rooms complete facilities which combine to create an ideal venue for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Fairlawns Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairlawns Hotel And Aldridge
- Fairlawns Hotel Aldridge
- Fairlawns Hotel And Spa Aldridge, Walsall, UK