“Excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Save Saved
You added Fairlawns Hotel And Spa to your Saves list
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Little Aston Road | Aldridge, Aldridge, Walsall WS9 0NU, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Aldridge
Nottingham, England
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Fairlawns on their Exclusive Stay and we both had a very enjoyable and relaxing time.
Being seasoned spa goers, Fairlawns sits very nicely within the range of places to visit. It is not just a hotel which boasts of having a spa, which turns out to be a pool, sauna and steam room; nor is it akin to the mega spas (and mega prices) such as Ragdale and Champneys.
Fairlawns offers pleasant comfortable accommodation, delicious high quality food, a good range of spa facilities and outstanding customer service.

The latter was evident throughout our stay, but none more so than on two occasions when members of the team ‘went that extra mile’ to fulfil our expectations.
Firstly, after initially saying our scheduled treatment times were OK, we later asked at the spa reception if we could move the last one forward to allow us to begin our return journey to Nottingham a little sooner. Samantha ( I think) very kindly did some juggling on the following day’s itineraries and managed to rearrange our time to one that suited us perfectly.
Secondly, after expressing concerns that a group of guests in the room across the corridor from us seemed to be a little loud, we received a call in our room from Dave to say there was an alternative room available if we wished to move. We accepted his kind invitation and found ourselves further away in what I presume to be a suite, as it was very spacious with a huge bed.
Dave was also in charge of the restaurant in the evening and his warm welcome was followed by a most delicious meal of the highest quality. Food in general was one of the highlights, including the meats and fish in the spa grazing lounge at lunch the next day and not forgetting to mention the famous brownies!

There were just a couple of small things that prevented me from giving a five star review. One was confusion about breakfast, which was mistakenly waiting in the spa lounge and consequently upon delivery to our room the drinks and toast had gone cold. There was no problem though when we asked for replacements.
Also, when requesting lockers for the spa, we were both given keys to the female flexi changing room. This sounded odd, so we hesitated in the corridor and upon returning to the spa reception a different lady said I had been given the wrong key – nearly a very embarrassing moment!

I also found it rather strange for a health venue, that smoking was permitted on the outdoor sun lounger areas and to reach the sauna cabin you had to walk right past smokers.

Those minor things aside, we had a great time overall and we will most likely return sometime in the future. The customer service was amongst the best we have received and made us feel genuinely valued.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
John P, Owner at Fairlawns Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We love to get complimented on our customer service because it is so so important to us as a family and as a team. We are after all - in hospitality - and the clue to what that entails is in the name!

Thanks too for your feedback regarding the little imperfections of your stay - these are just as important to us as the compliments and we will consider these in detail.

I think you sum up our facility and market really well when talking about the spa and hotel in general in the opening paragraphs. This is great advise for anyone considering us as a spa or hotel venue.

Thankyou and see you soon

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
bicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here as a night away from the kids and were delighted with the hotel. Spacious, clean, well equipt rooms and the spa was a treat - steam rooms, sauna, pool and gym. Restaurant food was to a very high standard, an impressive wine list and very helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
As much as everyone loves there kids, sometimes its just great to get away from them! I am really pleased that you enjoyed your night away and have taken the time to compliment us on our service/facilities.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to look after you - we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Even though my husband and I only spent 1 night here for our first wedding anniversary, we had a fantastic time. Whoever is pulling the strings behind the scenes is driving their staff to excellence. The staff made a real fuss of you, and nothing was a problem. Service with a smile has a whole new meaning to me after staying at fairlawns. The evening meal was proberly the best I've had. The only thing that wasn't needed was the peppers on the belly pork dish (just personal taste) my husband had been Woking the night before and I could see he was starting to struggle with tirededness, the waitress said 'not a problem' and she suggested that we could have our dessert in our room if we wanted. Nothing was too much trouble. We are extremely sad that we weren't with you longer. I sell food for a living and would love to be associated with such an amazing hotel. Thank you all.

• Stayed May 2012
John P, Owner at Fairlawns Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your really kind review.

Its great to hear that you had such a nice short stay with us, and we hope that you can find the time to come and visit us again in the future - perhaps for more than one night?

We work hard to give every customer the personal service which you so much enjoyed and I am really pleased to hear that you and hubby had a great stay!

Northampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Ok so my star rating vs my title seem odd but please let me explain!

We first visited this place 5 years ago and for some reason it stuck in our minds. The service, room, experience, spa etc was faultless. If I had reviewed then I would have given it a 5 star rating. However, this visit showed a few little cracks appearing which is more to do with the feel of the place. Firstly we were given the key to our room and when we got to the room it didn't work. When we returned to reception service was great but as I customer I don't like hearing things like "oh this happens all the time". If that's the case why not fix the system or at least make me believe that it's a one off!

The room was a good size but was a bit dated. I know a refurb is happening in parts but the carpet in our room looked black when I think it should be grey!?! The same is true in the restaurant, it just looks like it could do with a freshen up. The spa is the same, it just needs a bit of a touch up or a deep clean. I assume that because it is used every day there is not much "down time" for this to happen.

The pool area is lovely with plenty of beds and good wifi reception which allowed me to catch up on a few bits.

Please don't let my review put you off. This place is good but I do hope that in the future it is maintained to keep it fresh. We will be back at some point in the future but sadly it won't be our first choice like it was this time.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your constructive and complimentary comments.

Many of your constructive comments relate to the facilities that we have needing a refresh. I am very sorry for any shortcomings that you may have felt. As you can see by many other reviews - we are spending a great deal of time and effort in both maintaining and improving the property and facilities at the moment and I hope that next time you visit you will see and feel the benefit of this.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble and feedback you had relating to your room key, I offer no excuses, and take your point 100% on board.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just had an overnight stay at this hotel and spa. everything about the stay was good, from the rooms to the food and the staff in the Spa, they really made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: All good, nothing to choose between them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
John P, General Manager at Fairlawns Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
It is lovely to hear that we made you feel comfortable and that you had a great stay. This is absolutely our one and only wish for all of our customers, as we know how precious time away can be.

We look forward to seeing you again

Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just a short note to say that I was in Huddersfield on a business trip and on my way home after a long day decided to stay over at Fairlawns Hotel and Spa. Well it's been a few months since my last stay and I have to say again that I was not disappointed! The hotel was busy (Friday evening) the staff as excellent as ever - asked how I was since my last visit and really looked after me! I find this very refreshing these days - accommodation - very good and a nice quiet location for a good nights rest before the trip back to Cornwall. The restaurant was very busy and a table was not going to be available until 9 pm - I was offered a table in the lounge and opted for that - staff great again - food was good too!
So hats off to this one again - well done to all the staff - a great place - very welcoming!

Room Tip: I selected a deluxe room with a larger bed - extra space is much appreciated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Giving customers a greats nights rest is really important to us so its great to hear that you had a nice restful stop on your way home. Equally pleasing is that you had a great stay with us again, thank-you for sharing this with us (and others) we really appreciate it.

It is always a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

aldridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

we have just returned from our second visit to the hotel and cannot praise enough i have stayed and eaten in some very expensive hotels all over the world through work and must say that fairlawns is above criticism the levels of service are exemplary i live a ten minute walk away and must use it more..a special mention for the staff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
John P, General Manager at Fairlawns Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank-you very much for your kind comments, it was a pleasure looking after you and we will look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon. You can be sure that when that time comes - we will be working hard to maintain the standards you have been generous enough to praise us for. Perhaps next time the weather will be a bit better as well!

John Pette Jnr

Been to Fairlawns Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!