“Fantastic Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nuits Saint-Pierre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Pierre
Nuits Saint-Pierre
You added Nuits Saint-Pierre to your Saves list
10, Rue du General Leclerc, 97500   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Saint-Pierre B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a very special Inn--classy, comfortable, and charming. My room, the junior suite, had a great bed, and ample space. The bath was tre chic yet very functional, with great attention to detail throughout. Patricia is a national treasure--friendly, charming, and quite knowledgeable. she provided a special electrical plug for my laptop--my Apple brick didn't fit the first Continental 220 volt adaptor.

I loved the tea salon that she runs in the same building--she is an amazing artist in the bakery and creates a wonderful place to have lunch (quiche, soup,) or afternoon snack (amazing cakes and a wide selection of excellent teas). This Inn would be successful anywhere in France, and is clearly the best home base in Saint Pierre.

Room Tip: All rooms are on what Americans would call the second or third floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Luanda, Angola
1,011 helpful votes 1,011 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here for two nights thanks to Trip Advisor reviews and wasn't disappointed.

Patricia (owner) met me at the airport and explained the town layout as she drove to the hotel. She even knew where the dive club was which proved useful for when I had to find it for myself with all my kit.Her husband drove me back to the airport and was bang on time picking me up.

The hotel is in the center of town. My room (no. 1) overlooked a street and had some noise on Friday night so I had to close the window. Saturday night was quiet.

The hotel has 5 rooms over three floors. You go up a narrow carpeted staircase to get up to each floor. Once on each landing you will see the hallways and rooms are ultra modern and spotlessly clean. I had room 1. It was small (they have bigger rooms) but very clean, functional and modern. They have free WIFI which was reasonably fast and also a public computer you can use on the top floor. There is cable TV. The bathroom was also small but very clean and features a small but fab walk in shower. As others have noted, the beds are ultra comfortable and the linens and toileteries are all high end.

Breakfast is either a crepe, egg or omelette, selection of croissants or pain au chocolat, yoghurt and cereal. There are also some kiwis and oranges for those who like to eat healthy but I would gladly have seen more fruit choices.

Staff are very kindly and helpful. You can even get a load of washing done for 4 Euro.

The tearoom next door is excellent, though it has a limited selection for vegetarians. I was disappointed at the food choices in St. Pierre and this was one of the better options although it is not open for dinner. (For vegetarians probably the best option is the Creperie and Hotel Robert.)

I did the man in a van 70 minute island tour for 15 Euro per person and found it average.

This hotel is a well run gem that I can recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Le Nuits St-Pierre must be the best hotel on the island. I did my research and couldn't have been happier that this is where I chose to stay. The location is ideal and the rooms are spotless and modern, all the while maintaining an air of informal warmth and coziness. (The outstanding shower in the "Lamartine" room is a wonderful focal point for as fine a bathroom as one will find anywhere, considering location and price.) For a real culinary experience, treat yourself to a delicious "pâtisserie" in the adjoining café, Les Délices de Joséphine. Simplement délicieuse!

The hostess, Patricia, is a delight, as is the rest of the staff. They are all welcoming, warm and totally professional.

Un grand merci à tout le monde!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A beautifully appointed tiny boutique hotel. Wonderful linens and bed. Breakfast is made individually for each guest...we had a ham and cheese crepe. Great Tea Room with awesome French pastries.

A warm and helpful proprietor.

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms so book early.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Nuits Saint-Pierre on a recent trip for 2 nights. We felt taken care of completely from the moment our plane landed in Saint Pierre until the time we left.

Patricia was an amazing host, answering all of our questions and giving us her recommendations on the town. We felt like we had a very personal connection to the island by the time we left.

The property itself is impeccably decorated and feels brand new. The room was beautiful and the bed, one of the most comfortable I have experienced, tempts you to skip the island and stay in. We almost missed breakfast on the first day because of oversleeping! Breakfast was great, the location was perfect, and every penny spent on the hotel was worth it. The hotel was our favorite part of the island: I can't imagine what our trip would have been like if we hadn't stayed here!

Make sure to head to the adjacent tea house to try Patricia's delicious desserts, too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed one night at Nuits Saint Pierre and two nights at Hotel Robert. Nuits has fewer rooms and quieter rooms but they are significantly more expensive. If we were to return we would go with Hotel Robert Nd upgrade to superior room, save the money and splurge on dinner.

, Owner at Nuits Saint-Pierre, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your nice comment about Nuits Saint-Pierre. Indeed, we have tried to create a nice quaint hotel with all modern comfort.

Concerning the fact that you find it too pricey, I would say that finding the right price for our rooms is probably one of the most difficult part of our job. You must have read in the comments below that some people found Nuits Saint-Pierre expensive whereas others found it under priced...
We include a free shuttle service from the aiport, that you have experienced. You have also enjoyed the free document printing and the complimentary HUGE breakfast ( ham and cheese crepes, croissant, fruits, yaourts, bacon and eggs etc...). If we want to be able to keep this attractive very high quality service complimentary we have to aim at room rates that will cover our charges.
I might also add that you slept in the most expensive room at the most expensive moment of the year...
In any case, thank you for this comment, I find it very helpful and we will now try, at check-out, to ask future guests about what they think of our value.
Best regards,
Patricia
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Reception: Personally greeted at the front door by Patricia the innkeeper, who summoned Bertrand, her husband, to take the bags upstairs to the second floor room. Although he had just gotten in from work, he took them upstairs while Patricia showed the room and explained everything I could ever think about asking about for either the inn or the town. She had already suggested and made restaurant reservations and lined up the nearby fitness facility for the stay. Any other question was answered by either the guest book or the drawer of goodies in the room, with guides galore of SPM.

Room: The Moliere room was the second largest accommodation which included a king bed and sofa. Radiant heating was available both in the room and bathroom, the windows opened and a fan was provided for cooling. The bed itself was a haven of luxury...a wonderful mattress set covered in French linens, I'm sure that made you not want to get out of them in the morning. Room had a view of the town, especially the nearby church and a tight shot of the lighthouse and L'Ile aux Marins. Bathroom was large with a European style glassed in shower with both a fixed shower head and a handheld one. Towel warmer and robes were also featured. Everything was new looking and impeccably clean. I loved the flooring as well, although Patricia commented it was a lot of work...

Property: Nuits is in a building, like most others in SPM, right on the street so there are no real grounds. The building itself has been completely refurbished and houses the hotel and Patricia's new tearoom next door. Internet is fast and strong, while the TV has an eclectic mix of US and Canadian networks in English and French and Quebec channels in French.

Breakfast: Truly remarkable experience prepared by Diane (I hope!), the housekeeper. First day it was a ham and cheese crepe coupled with an incredibly buttery croissant and heavenly jams. Next day it was bacon and eggs along with a chocolate croissant that could have been the poster child for all chocolate croissants from then on. I will never enjoy a home cooked breakfast as much for a long time.

Other: I didn't have a car but I would guess parking is where ever you can find it. Taxis may be available, but I walked from one side of town to the other in about 30 minutes, so no place is too far away from the other. One thing about SPM...don't come on a weekend if you're expecting to shop, most places close at 2PM on Saturday and don't reopen until Monday morning, including restaurants. There is no fast food and grocery stores are closed, too.

Conclusion: Wonderfully indulgent property in an excellent location. Be sure to try Patricia's tea room next door (the Queen Elizabeth cake and coffee are HIGHLY recommended).

Room Tip: I can't believe there is a bad room at Nuits, but I would go for the largest room available only because the cooking may provide for some personal expansion...although I was told (and can confirm) that the Moliere room that I had was the quietest since it faced opposite the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Nuits Saint-Pierre? Share your experiences!