“A wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kollam
Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre
You added Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre to your Saves list
Near Veerabhadra Swami Temple, Kollam 691602, India (Formerly Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Resort)   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
Doral, Florida
“A wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I learned about Sarovaram from an internet review. I was looking for a place where I could be introduced to Ayurveda treatments. I contacted Sarovaram and Dr. Kiran explained clearly the services, facilities, and about the specific services I was requesting.

I explained that my available time was less than a week, he told me that a Panchakarma treatment was not an option as it requires more time. At any rate, he set expectations clearly and I decided to go there and spend the few days I had available. In hindsight, I am very glad I made this decision.

I was delighted with the attentive and able personnel. The treatments were customized for me with sessions in the morning and afternoon. This allowed me to take advantage of the time available.

The place is paradisiacal, calm, no luxuries. The cabins are comfortable, clean. I was apprehensive about the lack of A/C, but that was never an issue. The fans were more than enough to keep me comfortable. The grounds are well kept and in communion with nature. I could contemplate the sun rising in the morning over the lake and the sunset in the afternoon by waking a few steps away from the compound. The grounds are beautiful and full of birds, flowers, plants, and even an eagle who I watched every afternoon from my cabin as it came to drink water from a bird fountain.

The food is prepared on premises, fresh, delicious, and varied. The staff is helpful, warmth, and efficient.

The staff was always helpful, very nice, friendly, and professional. Dr Kiran was especially helpful, patient, and the program he prepared for me was very good. He made me feel at home.

Costs were reasonable. No surprises. I was picked up at the airport. Transportation in boat was arranged to visit nearby villages in my spare time.

I am very glad I found Sarovaram and have no hesitation recommending the Center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Sarovaram Health Centre is a place to experience genuine Ayurvedic treatment.

From the very first day you realize that this place is special and that you are going to leave a better person. The attending physician, Dr. Kiran, puts his heart and mind into treating his patients for what it seems like, any illness! You can come here counting on him and his dedicated staff to help you recover from whatever you're experiencing.

Though, like any health-related treatment, all you have make sure is that you're in as much of a positive state of mind as you can be, and be ready to put the work into helping the physician and staff cure you.

Ayurvedic treatment at Sarovaram is hard-work and every day that you spend here will be full of surprises: the positive effects of the massages, Ayurvedic medicines, herbal water, food, air, and scenery. All of these things, along with daily interactions with their very hospitable staff, combined, is what heals people here. It appears that all of these factors for treatment have been carefully refined over the years to ensure the best outcome.

My wife, son (2), and I came to Sarovaram for a two-week vacation. After our initial face-to-face consultation, Dr. Kiran decided my wife's and my treatment based on our individual experiences and needs. The success, we agree, was in allowing Dr. Kiran to make all the decisions and to just go with the flow. In the end, she and I underwent Sarovaram's Rejuvenation and Detoxification Program along with additional treatments for our specific needs with great success.

We would like to thank again Dr. Kiran, Raju, Vineeta, Kannan, Sharan, Princey, and Anish and the rest of the staff for welcoming us into their beautiful home and for taking such good care of us - we look forward to coming back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

As a pharmacist and as a person who knows a bit about ayurveda i was just expecting some rejuvenation and relaxation before coming here.But for sure Dr Kiran is doing more than this in this amazing place.This is a real ayurvedic healing place not only a resort.Food is great,garden is great,staff is great,and all this natural medicine we are getting now made a difference already.(yes i am writing during the treatment,this my 9th day and my pruvakarma is finished,so excited about coming panchakarma) . Besides the treatment all other things are also really good.We have a 2 year old boy and even he is a lot happier here than home,and he is taking no ayurveda treatment.Can u imagine,you are just 2 years old and having your first trip to India,can you feel like home ? Not possible except here in Saroveram..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Just wonderful facility with backwater health care center. Being at this location itself a great healing, I strongly recommend for rejuvenation health and relax, Just stay here and feel the difference.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

It a great property but really under staffed.The same person serving me for morning breakfast was there for my dinner late in the night. When i went at asked about the same they told me we are understaffed that why. I really felt bad for the staff and i think the management should look into this.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We are so happy to stay at Sarovaram!
People are so nice and kind with amazing hospitality. They helped us a lot to take care of our 1 year old baby and also to arrange next trip from Sarovaram.

I also loved the meal. I think it was the best meal ever in travel. we were excited at every meal to imagine what they were going to serve. Of course the meal is based on Ayurveda cooked in traditional way, so it is good for you but also tasty.

We enjoyed treatment, even our little baby got oil massage and relaxed. The doctor is really nice person with knowledge of Ayurveda. We all fell asleep deeply after the treatment. The instruction of how to proceed the days of treatment and purification was really interesting and a lot to learn.

The location is just by the lake and neatly organized garden in front of the cottages. Our baby felt at home and played in the garden with flowers, watching birds, and picking fruits from trees ( actually staff kindly picked ones for her for many times ).

Sometimes local boats were coming on the lake, maybe they were fishing or selling something with their voice aloud as a sign, we enjoyed the scene as well.
We took a little walk around in the village along the lakeside and local temples, we liked it was just a peaceful residence without anything like a shopping mall or tourist spot.

Only thing we felt shame was the lake was not clean enough to swim though I thought it was a common problem in all over India.

And make sure if you ask a hotel taxi to go out from Sarovaram to somewhere else in long distance ( we went to Gavi, it was wonderful! ), it costs double of 25 rupees per kilometer which means you need to pay the return charge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Before we took a final decision and packed our backpacks, we made quite a thorough internet research to find an ayurvedic resort according to our wishes:
a traditional ayurvedic centre (not spa)
not (too) touristy place (not crowded with people)
an ‘ayurvedic family’ run place with long tradition
an excellent ayurvedic doctor
quality treatments adjusted to individual needs
natural green and peaceful surroundings
cute natural huts (not a hotel)
vegetarian food
not too expensive.
Sound as a Heaven?
Indeed.
And we found it here on Earth.
In Kerala, at Sarovaram ayurvedic resort.

This is an ayurvedic resort with a long tradition, managed by dr. Kiran, who is the third generation in his ayurvedic family (his father is running an ayuvedic factory, producing many ayurvedic medicines used in Sarovaram resort). Dr. Kiran is a great highly professional doctor, you feel you can trust - as a doctor and as man also. You find him soon just the way he is saying, treat me not only as a doctor, but as your friend :-)
Treatments are carried out by professional and kind stuff, and adjusted to your needs and reactions of your body, and you can feel a difference soon, day by day. The peacefulness of the resort at the lakeside, where there are welcomed max 20 guest at the same time (there are just a couple of traditional cottages), the vividness of nature with a great variety of plants and sounds of birds … what a place to relax! And to purify and rejuvenate your body, and not physical only. We enjoyed a lot. And Sarovaram soon became our home away from home :-)
Not to forget the food - it was very delicious and diverse and healthy also, we just loved it. And many non-vegetarian guests there also.

Are you browsing to find your ‘holidays heaven’ to stop this hectic way of life, as we did a couple of weeks ago? Maybe our experience could help you. And maybe we meet in Sarovaram, as we will be back for sure :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre? Share your experiences!