“Lunch at our "local"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ivy House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chalfont St. Giles
The Ivy House
London Rd, Chalfont St. Giles HP8 4RS , England   |
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Lunch at our "local"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The best of the old staff still there and very cheery new manager. Not a jus or drizzle in sight on the menu - hooray - we only had starters but the food was a serious cut above your normal pub food. Having given up under previous management we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bath, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a great stay in one of the themed rooms with a brilliant view. We ate both nights in the restaurant and the food was 5 star. The staff were also very friendly. Would certainly return, especially considering the value for money you receive.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart T, Owner at The Ivy House, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hi Matt,

Thank-you very much for your feedback, we take every review into account. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Many Thanks,

Stuart and the team at The Ivy House
Bucks Cross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had my 60th Birthday party here and some of my guests stayed in the ensuite bedrooms. Lizzie (General Manager) and Adam (Executive Chef) were exceptionally friendly and organised, and were very helpful with my requirements. The service was good, all the staff most welcome, food was superbly cooked and presented to the highest level. I could not have asked for anything more, it ran very smoothly and we danced the night away - it all went so quickly. I chose the right place to have my party, they did everything and more to make my evening complete. My guests all commented on the standard of food and the hearty breakfasts.
Enjoyed every aspect of my party held at this lovely welcoming place.

Anne Atkinson

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed one night with my husband to attend a family function at the local golf club. Nice pub with excellent breakfast the following morning.

Our room "The Captain" was at the front of the pub. Nice room, clean and cozy, but if you are 6ft 6ins ish I would suggest you look at the other rooms, due to the oak beam running through it and above the loo!

Pleasent stay and we would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Moreton in Marsh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

First £85 per night is exorbitant ! Plus the add 10% service charge on meals without warning ! On arrival we were greeted and shown towards the "accommodation" - via a staircase with worn stained carpet (with silverfish residents) and a stale smell. The girl had trouble opening the bedroom door (card keys) and we entered a bedroom the size of a postage stamp (no way a double room) - ok for Gnomes, but not humans! The lighting is weird - works of the door card. Our room was the "Captains Room" - 1 = the TV Remote didn't work. 2 = the WC didn't flush. 3 = Light Bulbs not working 4 = Dust in the tea box 5 = stained carpet 6 = Lucky me ! I found £2.20 under the dressing table plus used tea bags, loads of dust, dirty skirting boards, empty shower satches 7. Insufficient power points (extension lead supplied) -- 8 Shower cubicle so small difficulty in getting in. HOWEVER, we were shown to a larger room - Fairways. Again classed as a double, but really a big single. 1= Badly stained carpet, 2 = Wall light hanging dangerously off the wall 3 = dirty seals round the shower tray. In all, a dreadful experience. Plus points ? The girls there are friendly and the food in the Restraunt is good (apart from the surprise 10% service charge added without informing guests). The Ivy House really needs to make it's mind up what it wants to be. My advice ? Close the B and B side of the business and concentrate on gastro food !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Chalfont St. Giles hotels

Been to The Ivy House? Share your experiences!