“Indian restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Indian restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Food was very good and service was fine. Reasonably priced.
I wasn't happy with the 10% service charge being automatically to my bill but couldn't be bothered with hassle of challenging it so I just paid it.

Visited September 2012

61% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Gone further downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Reading some of the recent reviews made me wonder if I had been in the same restaurant.

We visited after the recent refurbishment and the meal we had was the worst we have ever had in an Indian restaurant for many a year,it was almost inedible.

The waiting staff are delightful but the owner tends to interfere too much,particularly with the kitchen, resulting in poor quality "shaved down" food and then he has the cheek to add 10% service charge.

Refurbishment is fine but people frequent a restaurant for the food!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
“REALLY tasty indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were disapointed that when Miltons closed it didn t say why and when it would re-open.Bad move!We tried another restaurant a couple of times but this reall is the BEST! worth coming back for Topons friendly face and excellent service,the food is just as good -shame about the service charge.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have eaten here twice with my husband and once had take away and its a very good value. There is a nice atmosphere as well. We were able to occupy our table and relax with out feeling rushed. I am not too familiar with indian cuisine and the waiter explained a few dishes to me and helped me select a not too spicy dish. Parking is a slight issue but its worth the 7 point turn to eat there. Hopefully we will be back soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“GREAT INDIAN FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Recently re opened but every bit as good as before,nice people,tasty food,pleasant experience all round.no negatives at all

Visited May 2012