“staying here 2 nights a week for business... great place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“staying here 2 nights a week for business... great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

they let me check in early (on my lunch break) and check out late.. comfy beds, pretty good breakfast, and a "managers reception" where you get 2 free drinks (beer or soda) along with popcorn, chips n salsa, and pretzels.

I stay here Monday through Wednesday every week for business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We appreciate your business. Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bolingbrook, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room was well laid out and very roomy.
Bed was a little more comfortable than the usual hotel bed.
Nice breakfast.
Very large and nice pool area. There is kids splash area, unfortuneately the water was not turned on so my son was not able to play in it. The next morning it was on; my son saw this and he wanted to go in but we had to leave. That was the only dissapointment during out stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. We want you to enjoy your stay everytime you are with us. Next time you come please let front desk know you would like water features on. We do not run them all the time because of conserving energy. We would be more than glad to accomadate you.
Milton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a fairly new (2007) hotel, but it could use a good scrub down. Not as clean as the last time we were here a couple of years ago. Not unacceptable, but could be impvoved.
Service was good, everything else as you would expect at Holiday Inn Express (including a good, hot breakfast). There is a Chinese restaurant adjacent, we did not go there but it is said to be good. All other restaurants are a moderate drive from there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Good Afternoon:
We certainly appreciate your feedback. Our aim is to WOW the guest and in your case we failed to do so.
Please be assured my employees and I will assess the hotel and search out where we have failed in your eyes.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice but the front desk needs to pay attention to the clients more then they do to each other. The employees seem to talk a lot to each other and forget that they are working. I waited 7 minutes before they were finished telling each other what they did the night before. It happened more then one time during my stay and the employee knew I was there which made it worst. It is a nice hotel besides that, if you could skip the front desk it would have been great!

• Stayed April 2013
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns during your stay with us. Our whole mission is to make your stay a complete success. I will be addressing your concerns with all of my staff. We will make every effort to improve our service.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked at the last minute to ski Granite Peak about 10 minutes away. I have to say, I was impressed. I didn't expect a lot from a Holiday Inn Express but it was one of the cleanest hotels I've been to in a while. The beds were comfortable and the room was good size. The pool area was very clean and larger than I would've expected. The free breakfast had a good variety of cereal, bagels, pancakes, etc... I don't give a review of 5 often and this wouldn't be a 5 against a $250 per night room but for comparable hotels, this was the best. I'd look to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room with a patio door to the parking lot, it makes to unload and load the luggage...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
My staff and I want to than you for yhe kind words. We strive to make your stay wth us an enjoyable experience. Please think of us again when you travel.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday January 19th. I have stayed a few times in the past and have been impressed with the property, but it has shown a decline that is disappointing. The first thing I noticed when checking in at around 1pm was that any glass surface in the lobby: doors; counters; pool windows; etc. were all very finger printed, smeared and dirty looking.

I never saw staff sitting on the service side of the desk, and several times I saw people waiting at the desk to check in or get assistance, including myself. There is no bell to ring for service. After checking in I wanted to grab a cup of tea and the water was out and no tea was in the tea basket. I asked for a tea bag and staff said she didn't know where they are kept it, I would have to wait until the morning staff came in.

Later that evening when getting ready for bed we turned down the covers to find long hair and some sort of gunk on the bed sheets. Obviously they had not been changed. The front desk staff had nothing in the way of an apology or compensation but did give us a key to a different room. The room was just across the hall, but still no fun moving all of our things in the middle of the night.

Worth mentioning is couple of signs I saw posted around the property. There is one on the phone that says ‘this is not a toy…”, and also one on the door to the pool that goes on about how the pool is for hotel guests only and if you take a guest in the pool and you are discovered you and your guest will be required to leave the hotel. I assume this is in reaction to some past incident but essentially the signage addresses guests like they are either idiots or hooligans and cheapens the feel of the property.

Room Tip: The 2 queen room looking over the parking lot was a bit bigger than the first room with the dirty sh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your sheets in the guest room during your stay with us. I can certainly understand how frustrated you felt.
Our mission is to "Impress the Guest " and in your case we failed on all aspects. I have
used your review to impress upon upon my staff the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service and cleanliness.
I appreciate your informing us of your concerns. I would like to speak with you personally, and discuss the situation and my staff . Please give the hotel a call and ask to speak to the manager. I will return your call.
Again thank you for taking the time to write.
Midwest USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Loved my room & experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Wausau WI (Weston).
Very clean, and kept up. Comfortable and friendly staff.
I was a bit surprised when I first arrived to see that there were no restaurants in the immediate area.
But if that's the worst, at least you know you'll get a good quiet nights rest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are hoping to get restaurants out in our area soon. We do have frozen pizzas at the hotel. They are homemade and the taste is wonderful. Please be sure to visit us again when you are in the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!