“Very nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Weston
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Very nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had my first stay at Holiday Inn Express Weston last weekend. It is a newer hotel (2007) with a very nice lobby and friendly staff. The room was well appointed and the bed very comfortable. There were a lot of teen and pre-teen kids the 1st night and I heard no noise even though I was near the elevator. I get to Wausau a couple times a year and have always stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn Rothschild but tried the Express this time. The kiddie pool at the Express is nicer, having 2 slides instead of 1. It offers a hot breakfast whereas the Holiday Inn has a Green Mill attached so they only offer a cold carb breakfast. The 1st morning they had hot sausage and scrambled eggs and very good hot cinnamon rolls. The 2nd morning they had a little poorer offering of very thin and burned bacon that broke into tiny pieces when you bit it and some pre-made omelets that were kind of bland, but I offer that only as a comment. Overall, I was very happy there and will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We appreciate your feed back. The breakfast is our brand standard, but as we receive comments about it we can pass this along to our corporate offices. We want to make sure you enjoy all asoects of your stay. Please be assured any comment will be addressed. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

this is a very clean and a nice hotel, its location is very close to the main highway. the very breakfast is sufficient and the staff is helpful and it is also nice to have a choice of firmness on several pillows provided in the room. great job hei.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a nice clean and quiet hotel. Its a good stay for the price and in a nice safe area. The bed was very comfortable and the staff very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again and plan to when I am in the area.

Room Tip: This was my 3rd stay and all rooms have been good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is actually the first time I have stayed in a HIE. I was quite surprised on the quality of the room. Very clean, up to date and the beds were very comfortable. I will try the HIE again, with hopes that the quality is as nice as this one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Owatonna, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the 2nd time in a year that we've stayed here. The kids like the pool area and we like the lounge area in the lobby. It's nice to come back there and visit with our friends and family by the fireplace and watching the game on the tv. The rooms are very average, but comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning isn't great, but very adequate. Must be good enough because we are all full when we're done. This is the place that we will be staying when we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are huge and comfortable. If you smoke they have first floor rooms with sliding doors to the outside. Very clean and new everywhere. The only thing bad is the typical Hie lousy breakfast. Staff very helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel for business and had a disagreement with my "regular" hotel in the area when they wanted to make a photocopy of my drivers license. They told me its a "new company policy that is required by homeland security" so I decided to give HEI-Weston a try based on a referral from others I work with.

Upon check in there was a snafu with my reservation, however the employee that checked me in knew exactly how to handle the matter and it was a seamless checkin after that.

My room was spacious and even had a television in the bathroom with remote. The room was spotless. I have to honestly say the room was nicer then a recent stay at a Ritz Carlton I was at!

Breakfast in the morning was delicious and plentiful. All food was hot

The employees at this hotel go out of thier way to see that your needs are met. This will be my new "regular" hotel when on business in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!