we stayed in Premium Club of Barcelo hotel. when buying the trip, we were presented with pictures showing beautiful facilities reserved for adults only and a high end kind of experience. we payed even extra for the sea view and were looking forward to a lovely quiet week.
on arrival we were placed in a room with a glimpse of sea somewhere far far away. I was immediately complaining but was told - that is sea view. well, on closer inspection one can say ALL the rooms were sea view then as all the rooms were facing the sea side. so why did we get the option to pay extra?
we were on an All Inclusive plan - the breakfasts and lunches were really good, food and drink wise. the service was polite but the staff speaks almost no English/German at all so we were experiencing misunderstandings on a daily basis. what was "charming" the first day turned quite annoying after while. the dinners were rather poor - in the a la carte restaurant they attempted gourmet dining but neither the quality of the food, nor the service was adequate. again, very poor language skills, constant misunderstanding, at least 2-3 unpleasant situations EVERY day.
in the Premium Club after the lunch there was no possibility for a snack or anything even though the brochure stated that the snack bar at the pool has such option. so we had to go to the main part of the hotel where the food hall for snacks was a total disaster (McDonald's is a Michelin starred restaurant in comparison).
the most annoying part was the fact that we were sold a totally different product - a small delicate quiet hotel for adults only and ended in a charter tour. the hotel was enormous and ouor part was divided from rest by a simple row of bushes and a bit of a height difference. this resulted that we were forced to hear to loud music/disco whole day, reading at the pool was accompanied by constant screaming of the animators from the other side.
do yourselves a favor - drop this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing week as a couple. on the other hand, for stag party, families with small children and elderly... certainly a good destination.
besides, there is virtually nothing to do at fuerteventura - we hired a car and drove around the island, the nature is interesting at first, boring after a couple of miles - dry dry dry mountains. the winds are blowing constantly and even the capital of the island was a disappointment.
we were told there will be around 22-25 degrees there in December, we were looking at 16-18 at best. again - perhaps it was just a falsly promoted product by the travel agency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Jandia playa****, a new hotel complex, is located opposite the spacious playa de Jandia beach on the island of Fuerteventura. The hotel has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence. Enjoy the ultimate in comfort offered in our deluxe rooms, that include all the benefits of our new concept Barcelo+. Thanks to its great facilities you will experience an unforgettable holiday. The little ones will enjoy the Barcy children's club and the adults can relax in the hotel spa with sauna, hydromassage, heated swimming pool and gym. Everything is included in the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, thanks to which you can enjoy the 2 restaurants, one of which is themed and can be visited once during your stay, as well as the 4 hotel bars. Relax. Just enjoy the experience. The Barcelo Jandia Playa Hotel is without doubt the best option for those wanting to enjoy sun and sand in the Canaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Barcelo Jandia Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Playa Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Jandia Peninsula
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Playa
- Barcelo Jandia Playa Fuerteventura, Spain