Let me be clear. There are some very positive things about Juma Lodge.
* The setting is fantastic. The jungle and lake are really incredible. We really enjoyed all the activities away from the hotel.
* The huts are very romantic in a rustic fashion, with their thatched roof and fantastic views.
* Our guide - Joao - was very nice.
But you get the feeling the management is really cutting corners and I felt ripped off.
* The food was atrocious. First, it's simply not very tasty. At $600 a night, one would expect a lot better.
* But worse, they RECYCLED THE LEFTOVERS!!! Whatever we had for dinner one night would appear in a different form the next day. This is just unforgivable at the price Juma charges. But it's also unhealthy in the tropical heat. My fiancee became violently ill one night, and we met another couple who had gotten food poisoning and they said there was a 3rd couple.
* Although we were warned not to drink the water from the tap, there was no bottled water provided to brush our teeth with. Again, at $600 per night would it really kill you to toss in some clean water?
* There was nowhere we could put our valuables. There was no safe in the room, and management said they didn't have one we could use. We had to hide our engagement ring in a shoe and tuck our passports and money in socks in our dirty laundry while we were out in the jungle.
Bottom line: it's a very mixed experience. Beautiful location, some of the staff are very nice, but management seems really cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Juma Amazon Lodge is a small and comfortable hotel designed to be totally integrated to the Amazon Jungle. The construction and operation of the lodge comply with and respect the limitations of the environment, which is the very reason for the hotel to exist.Juma Amazon Lodge's goal is to offer a real and unique experience in the untouched Amazon Rainforest. All trips are organized in small groups; guests can take part on many activities around the lodge, each one is designed to help explore and learn about this unique place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Juma Amazon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juma Hotel Autazes
- Juma Amazon Lodge Brazil/AM