I am not going to go into great lengths about the failings of this resort as having spoken to many other disgruntled guests during our stay I am in no doubt that they will also be contributing to this page. It is hoped that as the complaints continue to roll in they are listened to by CLC and resolutions put in place.
Good, spacious and generally completed to a high standard BUT...
• Filthy Jacuzzi, never cleaned or tested during our stay even though this was requested by us on a couple of occasions - breeding ground for serious disease.
• Wall cupboards in kitchen were ridiculously high that a step ladder would have been beneficial in order to get crockery!!
• No crash helmet to prevent injury when banging head and face on cooker hood!
• The only 2 electrical sockets for the kettle and toaster were located behind the sink/draining board and were regularly splashed with water - these could have been placed to the left of the cooker where there was more than adequate (dry) space that wouldn’t be a hazard.
• Wardrobe doors came off the rails on a daily basis.
• Wardrobe in master bedroom that could not accommodate the standard sized coat hangers that were provided.
• Lack of drawer space in master bedroom - the shelving was full of towels / bedding etc.
• Lack of shelves and/or cabinets in bathroom for toiletries and rails/hooks for towels.
• No emergency or safety information.
• Housekeeping very poor, no information on cleaning and towel change routine, had to request room change and fresh towels on numerous occasions only to be told that they were ‘too busy’. Had to hunt down fresh towels for ourselves in the end.
• No welcome info packs in the apartment, had to go to reception to request it.
• Room was not ready on arrival which resulted in us waiting in reception until the early hours of the morning after a long day travelling!
In a beautiful location but far too big.
• Vast numbers of tall apartment blocks halfway up a mountain, twenty minutes drive from the town with limited transport. At least a mile walk down to main highway but returning up cardiac hill is a killer.
• Generally the swimming pools, loungers and facilities are very good and kept very clean.
• For a resort called ‘International Golf and Spa Resort’ you would expect an impressive spa area, you will be disappointed. The Spa is located on the lower ground floor and is very small and expensive. Relaxing indoor pool used by children playing!!
• The gym is unsupervised with very young children using it as a playground and playing with the machines and weights, even with parents present. An accident is waiting to happen here.
• The "24 hour Pub" is small and extremely crowded and encourages some to drink beyond their limits and wake everybody up as they return throughout the night to their rooms. In my view there is absolutely no need for this facility.
• English speaking receptionists could be better as this would elevate a few frustrations when reporting problems and requesting information, but Guest Relations are generally good and understand most problems etc.
• Main Restaurant, this was advertised to us as 5 star dining, what you actually get is a noisy, self-serve canteen! A member of CLC staff informed us that it was designed to accommodate one thousand covers. First impressions were good, with breakfast and lunch being just about acceptable, however dinner in reality, seating this number, buffet style between 7pm and 9pm (which was extended to 9.30 after complaints) is not for those who are looking to dress up and have a quiet dinner. In fact the noise and continual movement of people forced us to eat away from the resort.
• If you don't take up the "all inclusive" eating and drinking on site is very expensive.
• Did not play golf but reports of the course itself were favourable, although only 9 holes were finished so people were charged the full 18 holes and told to go around twice! Hire of clubs again apparently expensive.
• Golf Club Restaurant - our escape from the hoards. Set in a beautiful location, this "Fine Dining" experience for Dinner, watching the sunset, was well worth the money in our view, with very good food and service. It is a shame they don't have rooms here as we would stay there 24/7.
• Guests of the resort could also use Jade Beach Club, with a Restaurant, Night Club and loungers on the coast in Kusadasi. However this was only just opening and so it would be unfair for me to comment on. However, there is no beach, just decking! More shuttle buses to and from this facility would be well received as taxis into town are around £20-£25 each way.
May I apologise at this point, I did not mean to detail every aspect, especially when the following, is to us, the most important.
THE BIG GROUSE
We joined CLC as Platinum Vacation Club members investing our money into, what we were sold, holidays with that little "extra". We would know in advance the quality and service of the resort we were going to as they would be to CLC standards and generally we have not been disappointed.
When Kusadasi Golf and Spa Resort was in the pipeline about a couple of years ago, we really believed this was going to be "The Jewel in the Crown". How wrong could we be!
What we now know is that CLC only has about a third of this massive resort and that the rest is owned by a tour company(ies). This means sharing all facilities and the restaurant with coach tours and package holiday clients from around the world, some of whom have still to appreciate the wealth and freedom they have suddenly gained and they should come with manners and a certain amount of etiquette and respect for other people.
"All Inclusive" is treated as a challenge. How much food can be loaded onto your plate (or plates in some cases), taken to the table and left. Equally the behaviour has a lot to be desired. We could only stand the noise, dress code and children running riot in the main restaurant for three nights, by which time we really had enough. Not to mention the piles of plates stacked up on the tables as there were a shortage of waiters so when you finished one course plates were stacked to one side waiting to be cleared. All of this did not lead to a pleasant dining experience.
On one occasion they catered for over seven hundred people which included three coach parties, in two hours, it was carnage and it isn't even peak time yet!
The rule is, when you go up for your food leave a member of your party there, otherwise there will be somebody in your seat upon your return. If you are lucky to catch a waiter’s eye, get your drinks when you can, otherwise no chance!
Unless somehow this resort can be turned around - not sure how, we will not be going back and I would suggest to CLC members to not waste their points on this resort, go on a package if you have to as you get a better deal.
For those of you who have booked in the high season - patience will be have to be a virtue.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.