“A gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place in Brighton after a long week and a "get me out of Toronto" drive. Mission Accomplished! Wonderfully attentive service, excellent county wines (Hardy's unfiltered Pinot and Chard), and of course perfectly prepared schnitzel, tenderloin and salmon. Did I mention that the caesar salad was perfectly balanced and was GREAT with the Hardy pinot?

EXCELLENT!

Visited October 2013

Pickering, Ontario, Canada
“A room of our own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recently a few friends from Brighton school days gathered at the Gables for dinner. It was a treat to have a room of our own where we could have a good old visit - as if we were in one of our homes (without having to be hostess). To top it off, the food was DElicious.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“FINE CUISINE IN A LOVELY ATMOSPHERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Gracious old heritage house welcomes diners to enjoy great food and service and equally pleasant décor.....how lucky are those in the Brighton area to have such a charming restaurant in their town. We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a fine meal - which we thought was very well priced - Escargots à la Bourguignonne, followed by Wiener Schnitzel - a specialty of the house - as prepared by Chef Dieter and served by his charming wife Kirsten. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and finished our delicious meals with a shared crème brulee and specialty coffees...Irish for me and B52 for my husband. The Gables is listed in the National Restaurant Guide “Where to Eat in Canada - we live close enough that we will return more often than we have in the past and we suggest if you are looking for a lovely evening with excellent food and service - you make it a point to reserve a table at The Gables in Brighton, Ontario. You will leave smiling!

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“THE Fine Dining Experience in Brighton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Warm attentive service greets you as you enter this gorgeous venue. Started with the warm sesame goat cheese spinach salad (loved the extra touch of just the right amount of edible flowers) - then on to the scallops that arrived perfectly done and closed with the creme brûlée (with arrived as a generous duo flavoured with grand marnier and amaretto).
My daughter selected the apple strudel and described it as heavenly - that delicate crunching noise as her fork went through the lawyers reminded me of spending time in fancy cafes whole growing up in Germany!

mx3man123
“Absolutely amazing!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm a little embarrassed that i have never eaten at this restaurant before. We live maybe 15 minutes away. My wife and I were just looking up somewhere new/different to go instead of the same old chain restaurants we always go to. Found this place on trip advisor and there are no bad reviews for good reason. We arrived at just past 5:30pm, right after it opened. We were the first ones in there. The inside of this converted old house is absolutely elegant, the decor is very nice. Our server I believe is the part owner Kirsten. Very lovely lady. We ordered the Slice smoked duck breast for an appetizer, the duck breast was delicious and the spring salad that accompanied it was amazing as well, very good dressing, very light salad. For entree my wife ordered the Roasted Chicken Breast and I ordered the Angus Tenderloin Steak. I've eaten a lot of steak in my life but non that tasted anywhere near as delicious as this steak, it was cooked exactly how I ordered it and melted in your mouth, delicious. My wife's chicken which I helped her eat :) was very moist and tender and had a wonderful crispy crust on the chicken, seasoned beautifully. I don't normally eat desert when I go out but seeing as that the Chef is from Germany I felt compelled to try the apple strudel and that was a great decision. The homemade strudel was absolutely fantastic, out of this world really. The few other couples that came in were all seated strategically so that everyone was not near anyone else. Very private atmosphere, a great place for a romantic dinner. We are in love with this place and can't wait to go back to try it again. It is a little pricey, came to just over $100 but well worth the price.