“Run, don't walk, away from these scam artists.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elemental Embrace

Elemental Embrace
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brighton
Elemental Embrace
You added Elemental Embrace to your Saves list
255 Georgina Street, Brighton, Ontario K0K1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brighton
Port Colborne, Canada
“Run, don't walk, away from these scam artists.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband bought me a gift certificate over a year and a half ago, and I've been trying to redeem it. They never answer their phone, return emails or anything else. WORST BUSINESS EVER. I'm ready to call the BBB on them. If you are smart, you will look elsewhere for your spa needs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brighton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband bought me a $200.00 gift certificate that was supposed to be good for a year. I saved it so that I could have a relaxing experience before our wedding (to ease the stress) and when it came time to use it, the spa was closed for renovations. I called and left countless messages, drove by, left a message on the "so called" forwarding email address, and I NEVER even received a phone call or nothing. I was never able to redeem my gift certificate and lost out on the special gift my husband so thoughtfully chose for me. I was never redeemed the money.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

The elemental embrace day spa package was a gift i gave to my better half. The staff have cancelled twice. The first time they fired the Registered massage therapist a week before my visit. The second time they called me the day before and informed me that the services i had booked had been CHANGED to something which was completely different. I proceeded to get a refund. I believe you should NOT GO.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Belleville, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This so called "retreat" was a terrible waste of my money and time. The only good parts about the stay was the breakfasts, which were prepared by a wonderful young lady (Lisa?) who always took the time to chat when we had questions about the area and the spa itself, as well as the massage by the resident doctor. The pool wasn't bad, but the spa itself was atrocious!! Don't bother...

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

So, I read a few reviews about Elemental Embrace before we booked our trip. I was a little nervous as there were reviews from one extreme to the other but no other spa seemed to have the treatments we were interested in. (we were not only looking for a romantic getaway but we needed a detox BADLY!) The stresses of day to day life add up in your body as i'm sure many of you can relate. So we decided to give it a try. Anyway, the overall experience was exactly what we needed!

The food was phanomenal! (The owner is writting a cook book) We didn't have one meal that we didn't thoroughly enjoy. The rooms were very well kept and we had a nice fireplace in our room as well. (we were very amazed that people wrote negative things about this blissful place.)

One thing that we really enjoyed was there is a visitor maximum. This ensures your stay isn't crowded. There were other couples and singles who all dined in the same lovely room. (which also has a beautiful fireplace)
The energy was calm and soothing to the soul. The staff were amazing and always had a smile that was genuine and sincere.
They have a pool, sauna, his and her steam rooms (which were beautiful) a gym, launge, games room with a warm fireplace, yoga/meditation room, and a theater!! The theater i'm told is also used as a conference room. They also have beautiful walking trails through the woods where we saw a few deer. BEAUTIFUL!

BEST TREATMENT EVER: Shirodhara!! You lie on a special wooden table which is hand carved out of a special tree from India. There is Herbal Medicated oil which is assigned for your body type by an Ayurvedic Doctor. (who is amazing by the way.) The doctor and his assistant (a therapist) massage your body in long synchronized strokes, one on either side of your body. The oil is from an Ayurvedic pharmacy in India. The warm oil is poured onto your body in a synchronized fashion as well. Then you lie face up and a copper pot with a wick hanging from the bottom is centered over your third eye. Your eyes are protected and they pour a different special oil into the pot which runs onto your forehead and onto ur third eye. This stimulates your pituitary gland. The experience was litterally OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I can't explain in words what I experienced. I will never forget the interesting smells of the different oils. They're quite nice. Anyone who has experienced this will tell you the same thing. Then you get to sit in a herbal steam chamber (your head is out) This treatment I strongly recommend for anyone. We had a number of Ayurvedic treatments and also a hot stone massage and facials which were also amazing!
We have traveled to many places and have had many treatments, none even come close to what we experienced here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

The spa its self is rather dirty and thrown together by very few objects. The staff and owners leave tons of tension in the air, it felt like they were forcing smiles. The food was awful tasted microwaved and definitly rationed to save money . They had one meal for all the guests at a certain time, leading me to believe that was money saving. There was not a real chef but the owners themselves cooking the meals. The young lady who did breakfast and served she was wonderful, kind and very up to converstion. We found out that we were staying by ourselves at the spa and I dont mean the only guests but the only people in the spa at nights. I went to claim my massage but now have realized that the girl who did my massage is not registered, so I cannot claim it. My husband and I hardly slept at all found ourselves napping during the day in between treatments. The beds are extremly hard and rooms not warm and inviting but like a cheap hotel. I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy, save you money and spend it at a real spa.

• Disliked — Beds and Food
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

After a wonderful experience at Elemental Embrace a couple years ago, a came back with a group! We were take care of very well by the wonderful owner, Begum, and her staff who were excellent.

I was puzzled by some of the poor reviews commenting on the food, in particular - the food is one of the reasons I love the place so much! The only thing I can think of is that those reviews look older. All the food is ayurvedic, they serve dessert first (in ayurvedic tradition - how cool is that?!) - and the quantities were plentiful. There were yummy snacks available throughout the day, and a really nice selection of teas.

The comments on the beds are warranted - so make sure you ask for a pad in case you find it too hard. Personally - I slept like a baby in that bed - but I like a firm mattress, myself.

The Ayurvedic treatments are great - I really liked the warm oil third eye massage with two therapists - WOW what a trip! I had my first colonic, and, well - that's not exactly fun but it was interesting. And the hot stone massage in the grotto was the best I've ever experienced.

The pool is cute but I'm a swimmer so it wasn't really enough to get me excited. The grounds are nice to walk, and there's a great trail through the woods. I really like their labyrinth and contemplative garden - meditative, contemplative time is usually why I visit places such as this.

So - overall - a really awesome place where I will visit again and again. And I plan on taking a group there again soon!

• Liked — Food, Staff, Treatments, and Spiritual Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Pool too small to do any real swimming in
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Elemental Embrace? Share your experiences!