“Great barbeque outside the park” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Great barbeque outside the park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I had lunch at The Smokehouse Pub & Grill this past weekend. I'd heard good things about their ribs, and was very pleased with my order. A half rack of very respectable ribs in a tasty sauce with lots of meat on the side, along with decent fries and a fresh side salad. My husband ordered the brisket sandwich which isn't on the general menu though they smoke a brisket every day according to the waitress. A decent list of general beers also includes Beau's Lugtread, and the patio out the front is a pleasant place to hang out, even though it looks out into the parking lot. Our waitress was amazing, very friendly and efficient. If you're staying at Presquille park and want to get out for an easy and tasty lunch or dinner, the Smokehouse Pub is worth checking out.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kanata, Canada
“Good service, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Tried the smokehouse last weekend on my way to Provincial park...not as good as expected. The service was very good, but the food was rather average. 'Catch of the day' was disappointment. Location, patio is nice, but you may want to consider dinner for 2 somewhere else.

Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Disastrous Holiday Monday lunch experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lured by the TripAdvisor reviews, our family party of nine (two young children, seven adults) stopped here on a drive through Brighton for lunch. Unfortunately, as one of us later commented, "It was amateur night." Any restaurant can get swamped or caught under-staffed on a holiday long weekend -- this is not our complaint. The problem is an apology after a dismal experience is free, and takes less than a minute, and yet one wasn't offered. One waitress was staffing the entire bar and restaurant - there were a dozen groups to serve while we were there, including at least three parties of four or more - and it appeared there was only one cook and one busboy/dishwasher (who eventually started to wait tables). The waitress was very polite, indeed almost desperately so, and she was hustling, including getting the drinks herself, but she did not turn away new tables or advise parties coming in of how busy it was until well after there was a real backlog. (It didn't look chaotic; it took us 10 minutes to realize there was only one staff visible and very few groups eating.) After 15 mintues, we got drinks, whereupon we were informed of the five menu items they were out of -- including ribs... at a rib restaurant. It then took *a full hour* after ordering to receive 8 out of 9 of our meals, mostly sandwich plates; my brother's grilled chicken sandwich took an additional 18 minutes to appear, although the waitress brought out his french fries first (as "a courtesy"). Other than that sandwich, the children's meals came out last and the first two sandwich and fries plates to arrive were solidly room temperature - they had clearly been sitting in the kitchen or server's window for at least a third of the wait. The waitress spent the last half hour of our time there trying not to look in our direction. The people next to us waited 20 minutes after their plates were cleared for their bill, which was incorrect when it came.

Most of the food was very pell mell, but one member of our party managed to get some BBQ items and reported the half-chicken was very good, so I can see how a normal evening here for ribs and beer might be a very pleasant experience. As it was, even when we advised we'd been disappointed at how the situation was handled when paying the bill, we got defensive excuses instead of an apology. They could have docked the three sodas from our total - especially since we were never asked if we needed a re-fill - and we would have felt that our wait and problems were at least acknowledged (and it would have cost the reastaurant about 10 cents). Not recommended.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Tried the place based on all the positive reviews (and a love of baby back ribs). Food, service, value were all as good as everyone said. Even though we arrived just before closing on a quiet Sunday night, we were greeted warmly and had given great service with no sense of being rushed. Will definitely go back. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mx3man123
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I went to this place 2 weeks ago for lunch. Only decided to try it because of a friend on facebook that kept raving about this place. Location looks a little odd as it's at the end of a strip of stores but the interior is nice. TV's on sports station. They have a small outdoor patio with umbrellas. My wife ordered the caesar salad and I ordered the steak sandwich. The steak sandwich was absolutely amazing! Fries were great too. My wife also enjoyed her salad. I think this place is fairly new but I can't see it going anywhere anytime soon. Very friendly staff as well. We will be back many times.

• Visited June 2014