“A golden weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast
14 Lilac Lane, Brighton, Ontario K0K 1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Brighton B&B and Inns
Dundas, Canada
“A golden weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed for 2 wonderful days at Mary's delightful B and B and we would certainly arrange to make it a longer stay on another occasion for sure!
The services, atmosphere and view were exactly what we expected from a country style lodging...comfortable, soothing and special. The breakfast was beyond our expectations with a cheese souffle, ham and apple turn-overs. Delicious!
The only aspect better than the 2 week old retrievers, sprawling all over each other, was the generosity and energetic spirit of this wonderful hotelier! Thank you Mary, for this golden weekend!

Room Tip: The 'white room' has a spectacular view right out onto the patio and lakefront!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I can hardly wait for your book to get here.
So glad you enjoyed being on Presqu'ile Point and staying with me. Thanks again. Mary

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We spent a weekend in Brighton as we are considering moving there. The highlight of the weekend was our stay at McEwan's Gold. The location was excellent. Sitting in the living room looking out over the water was almost therapeutic. The breakfasts were well beyond what we expected.
Mary was an excellent hostess and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a stay at McEwan's Gold.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I really appreciate your taking the time to do this. Again thanks for staying at McEwansgold.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our stay at McEwan's Gold was the best ever. From the day we arrived until we left, we felt welcome and at home. Mary is nice and cheerful, her cooking is excellent and there is always a special treat. The view of the lake, the contact with nature is priceless. We will surely go back whenever possible and recommend to anybody looking for a peaceful spot. Frank (from USA)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. Lovely meeting you and hope you had a great trip back home.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My friend and I truly enjoyed our stay at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast over Easter Weekend. It was beautiful, our room was very spacious and we had the help of the host for any questions we needed answered. She was also helpful in accommodating our schedulea and needs. Would love to stay here again! Lisa (from Toronto)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Than you so much for your kind comment. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. Mary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent a week at McEwan's. I was looking for peace and quiet away from the big city and boy did this place deliver. Luckily for me I arrived at the height of a major duck migration. I spent a long time watching them, feeling myself unwind. I was even able to borrow some binoculars from Mary.

I was there for a week and I never ate the same thing for breakfast once! Mary's got a variety of amazing breakfast offerings. I was usually too full to eat lunch until much later.

I highly recommend staying here.

SAF
Toronto

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you Scott. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I enjoyed your company. Hope all went well. Mary
Clinton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Highly recommended! We had all our questions knowledgeably answered and all our needs met and at the same time had privacy and freedom!! The wonderful host provided such a balance and the BEST eggs Benedict ever!! A beautiful spot and a relaxing stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. Please come and see me again. Thanks Mary
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went over for one night with my mom back in February and was amazed at the beauty of the place and the B&B. We went when Mary, the host, had broken her shoulder and she still managed to make us feel right at home. Breakfast was to die for!!!!! So good!!! I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review.

Been to McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!