“An excellent stay during peek duck season” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast
You added McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
14 Lilac Lane, Brighton, Ontario K0K 1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Brighton B&B and Inns
“An excellent stay during peek duck season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent a week at McEwan's. I was looking for peace and quiet away from the big city and boy did this place deliver. Luckily for me I arrived at the height of a major duck migration. I spent a long time watching them, feeling myself unwind. I was even able to borrow some binoculars from Mary.

I was there for a week and I never ate the same thing for breakfast once! Mary's got a variety of amazing breakfast offerings. I was usually too full to eat lunch until much later.

I highly recommend staying here.

SAF
Toronto

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you Scott. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I enjoyed your company. Hope all went well. Mary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clinton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Highly recommended! We had all our questions knowledgeably answered and all our needs met and at the same time had privacy and freedom!! The wonderful host provided such a balance and the BEST eggs Benedict ever!! A beautiful spot and a relaxing stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. Please come and see me again. Thanks Mary
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went over for one night with my mom back in February and was amazed at the beauty of the place and the B&B. We went when Mary, the host, had broken her shoulder and she still managed to make us feel right at home. Breakfast was to die for!!!!! So good!!! I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review.
Millbrook, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were here to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. Mary was a charming host telling us stories of her life and sharing a glass of wine with my husband as I changed clothes for dinner at a restaurant in town. My husband wanted to stay here choosing this B&B from others in town because of the view. I have to admit the view was stunning. When we returned from dinner, we did not sit on the deck outside because it was not very clean. Dead bugs everywhere. We watched the sunset from the room and took beautiful pictures. I like to have fresh air stirring when I sleep so we left the windows open. There were screens in them but I should have been forewarned as there were thousands of dead bugs on the window sill outside. My husband fell asleep & I sat up reading with a small light on. By 10PM the light blue cover on the bed was covered in little bugs. I tried spraying bug spray on myself but it didn't help, they just kept coming in. By 11PM I couldn't stand it, the bugs were crawling on me, my husband, the bed, even my book! I woke him up & we left! Because it was so late, we did not want to disturb Mary so we didn't wake her up. We left the money owed & a note, leaving without bed or breakfast! Thank God we only lived a 1/2 hour drive from Brighton. Mary never warned us not to leave the windows open. She called us the next day, apologizing & upset, saying this had never happened in all the years of running the B&B. I cannot believe that we were the first guests to ever leave the windows open & bugs get in. The screens must have holes in them or the bugs are small enough to get through. Mary felt bad about taking our money & invited us to return so she could make it up to us. We will not be taking her up on it. Why would we ever go back & have the same thing happen again? It was a terrible experience & my skin crawls just thinking of it now.

Room Tip: Definitely pick the room with the view. The other room available is dark & feels like a cave.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so surprised at this being posted after so long. I did everything I could think of to make up for the influx of midges but the guest would not accept anything I offered from a refund to a make up date. Unfortunately, we live in a provincial park on the water and Mother Nature does subject us to seasonal situations.
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

the entire experience from the moment we arrived to the room, the view, the breakfast and the total enjoyment we had. We wanted a location that we could travel the area from and also enjoy the area shopping and attractions, we found it with this location.
I will be back, great B&B and area to visit

Room Tip: choose the room with the view of the water, relaxing and very quiet. we mentioned the fitness centr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy you enjoyed our visit. Mary
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our three night stay. The breakfasts were delicious...Mary was very hospitable. Being able to bring our little Yourkie was a bonus. We look forward to recommending to our friends and will be back again!

• Stayed July 2013
McEwansgold, Owner at McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and for staying with me. Mary
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at McEwans Gold B&B. Mary is a warm welcoming host who went out of her way to ensure we were comfortable. Our room was lovely and clean with incredible views of Presqui’le Bay. Canoes, kayaks and floats were available for enjoying the bay, along with numerous bikes for exploring the beautiful park. The waterfront location is incredibly relaxing and gorgeous beaches are only a short walk away. Mary offered numerous suggestions for shopping, exploring and dining in the local area, including cards and certificates for discounts along the way. Her breakfasts were wonderful and she went out of her way to make us feel welcomed. We would highly recommend this B&B and will certainly look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it., Mary

Been to McEwan's Gold Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!