We enjpyed our stay and would return again, I'm posting several tips / warnings first so people don't feel mislead, but rather know what to expect.
1. If you want to be located near the water there are very few offerings as close as this. You will end up staying miles away if others selections are chosen. The lake is a 3 minute walk from the Inn.
2. Make sure you use mapping location tools before your stay to confirm how to get there. While signage is good to navigate the route in, its smaller than the norm and a turn can be missed.
3. This is not an Inn per se, but rather more in the style of European B&B in the large cities so don't expect staff on arrival. Your key and room details will likely be on the front counter and a number to call if any problems. The complex is locked at night so there isn't a security problem.
4. Given proximity to the lake and local soil conditions, water is provided by a drilled well rather than municipal services. The water has the smell and taste of egg water (Contains Sulfides). While there was a water cooler plant located on the second floor, there was no container installed. Likely because we were staying during the non core period. Suggest you buy some bottled water in advance of arriving to cover all bases.
Having said all this, we enjoyed our stay and would return. Location put us exactly where we wanted to be on this trip and as mentioned the alternatives are not plentiful. Breakfast is served during a set time period but gives you a freshly made meal vs. continental fare. Had a choice of eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast or pancakes. All the options were fresh, tasteful and hot when served. Order your meal from one of the staff and it is brought to you. The piece of toast is in that slot because it doesn't work. If any item runs out just ask the staff for a refill, which may require calling downstairs as you eat on the second floor. Waiting time is no different than any restaurant. Staff are very accommodating and there is even gluten free bread if you ask.
Rooms are very clean and the staff engage you when they are present asking if you need anything. There is a common area on the second floor which includes a fridge, microwave, sink, dishes. So you can bring some foods in to have dinner at your own pace rather than going to Brighton or other locations for a meal later in the day.
Remember many stays are what we make it rather than how the facility stayed at does. This complex is not deserving of the slamming made in other reviews on it. Consider the tips / warnings offered in your decision making.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Timber House Country Inn and Resort has 9 luxurious guest suites which are great for single over night stays or large family reunions! The Great Banquet Hall can accommodate up to 150 guests for your wedding or party. Let the friendly staff at The Timber House create a warm and cozy feeling every visit :) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Timber House Country Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timber House Country Inn & Resort Brighton, Ontario, Canada