“Don't believe other reviews!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Blanc
via S Salvatore 20, 80026 Casoria, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Casoria B&B and Inns
Dunedin, Florida
“Don't believe other reviews!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After much searching on the internet, I based my decision on booking this hotel after reading
reviews on several sites that had favorable ratings.

Example:
Description on Booking.com-Just a 10 minute drive from Naples Capodichino Airport, Hotel Blanc offers a free airport shuttle, and air conditioned rooms with free internet., Casoria Metro Station is nearby and central Naples is a 15-minute bus ride away. You show a rating of 8.

Here is Hazel’s review:
It's close to the airport, so great for early morning flights. They run a free shuttle service which takes all the hassle out of being ripped off by cab drivers. And the stress out of lugging your bag around at the end of a holiday. They even kindly picked us up from the port - when I said we could catch the airport bus and for them to meet us at the airport Good breakfast-English TV channel.

Jennifer writes:Very close proximity to the airport and free airport shuttle very early in the morning.

Trip advisor review:

Another traveler writes: The next morning at 5:00AM as we were heading out Pepe was there waiting to do our check-out and to our surprise to tell us that our free shuttle to the airport was on the way to pick us up. And there we were assuming we had to call a cab and pay for it. ..Stayed May 2012

Another traveler writes: “Excellent hotel, incredible service, next to the airport (5 minutes) WITH free shuttle”..stayed July 2011.

My experience Oct 14, 2012... I booked this hotel on June 23, 2012 with this info included.Special Requests:I have a 730am British Air Flight-will need transfer in morning of Oct 15.

I arrived at the airport by way of bus from Sorrento at 1000am. I looked in the arrival area for a phone to call the Hotel to request a shuttle pick up. There being no Hotel phones, I stopped by the airport information desk and the young lady called the hotel and advised that I was waiting for a transfer. She told me that they advised to go outside and wait in the arrival pickup area. It should be about 10 minutes…I waited 35 minutes before returning to the desk where another lady called the hotel again. I should have known that things would go down here from that moment on as she was engaged in an argument with the person on the phone. She told me to wait right at the counter and they would come in to greet me. About 5 minutes later, Luca showed up. I was traveling with a rolling suit case along with a rolling backpack. He merely said follow me and he started walking quickly through
the door and away from the arrival area. With my bags in tow, I followed trying to keep up with him. We went to what I believe was his car. He opened the trunk and started towards the driver’s door. I had to ask him for assistance in getting the suitcase in to the back of the car. I ask to put my back pack in the back and he said “No”. He then got in the driver’s seat and I had to open my door, set my bag inside and get in.

Off we went to the hotel as he was talking on his phone and looking at himself in the rearview mirror of the car. Upon arrival at the hotel, he opened the trunk and walked inside to the front desk as he was the person on desk duty. I was left to get my bags out of the car and lug them up the steps leading into the hotel. I ask if there was an elevator and he said “Yes”. He ask for my passport, checked me in , handed me a key and said the door to the second floor was “over there”. I ask where the elevator was and he said “There is none”. I then told him that there was no way I could get the luggage up the steps by myself. Reluctantly, he carried the bag to the top of the steps and point down the hall to where my room would be. Prior to going upstairs, I told him that I would need to take the shuttle to the airport in the morning at 530am and he said-“we don’t do shuttle until 700am-that is clearly on our website”. You will have to take a taxi at 22 Euros.

Additionally, I ask about there internet so I could check in for my flight on the next day. He tried to hand me a cable. I told him that I did not have a computer with me. I was told that was all he had. I ask if there was an internet café near by and was told there was not. I ask if I could get directions to the Casoria Metro stop noted in the hotel description as close by. Booking.com website states : Casoria Metro Station is nearby and central Naples is a 15-minute bus ride away. I was told that it was not near and that it would be 50 Euros for a taxi to go there. He then showed me a listing of all the taxi fares to the airport and to the downtown area. I ask about a bus and he told me it did not go as it was Sunday. So, I was stuck at this hotel all day with nothing to do except repack my bag.

I did go downstairs and ask Luca if he could at least get me a phone number for British Airways so I could try to call the airlines to confirm my flight and get seating assignments. The housekeeping staff must have told him that I was in the room crying (which I have not done since my mother died 7 years ago) as he offered to let me use the computer to try to do my check in. I wasn’t able to do the check in as I do not read Italian and so I was at least able to email a friend back home to contact the airlines on my behalf.

About 500pm, a girl was on duty when I went downstairs to go to Burger King for supper. She was willing to call for a taxi cab for a transfer to the airport in the morning. I thought that perhaps, she would be more helpful and advise that indeed they could do a transfer as mentioned in some of the reviews. But no such luck.

At 510am on the 15th of Oct, I left my room and drug my bags down the steps. Another man was on duty and I advised I was checking out…he replied..“I know“. I paid in cash, got a receipt and the taxi arrived. He promptly took my small carry on bag and headed down the steps to open the locked gate for the taxi, leaving me with my large suitcase to drag down the steps.

I had clearly noted in my booking that I needed a shuttle early in the morning for a 730am departure. If they were not going to be able to honor this, I feel I should have been advised prior to arrival so I could make alternative accommodations. There was no shuttle bus on the property which leads me to
believe there is not one. My room rate included breakfast and as other reviews state the breakfast service starts at 530am, I feel I should have at least been offered a brioche to go.

I have been in the travel business for 29 years and have traveled to 5 of the 7 continents. I have never had such poor service at any hotel, ever!! With the exception of the girl calling me a taxi, there was no service at all. The hotel is rated as 3 stars and I will say that the interior of the room was comfortable and fairly clean but the hallway was filthy..spots on the carpets and clearly unvacuumed for days. The windows were shuttered so you could not see out. The TV did not work, just a blue screen.

I would never recommend this hotel based upon the lack of service and their complete dis-interest in helping me with my travel needs. I felt as though I was a complete inconvenience to Luca’s personal phone calls and his watching TV while sitting on the lobby sofas.

Room Tip: don't book this room--get a room elsewhere!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
WEBSTER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

this is a very nice, spotless hotel outside of Naples. I chose it because it is one of the few places that has a shuttle to the airport. Unfortunately, the shuttle doesn't run till 7 am and we needed to get there by 5 am, so that service did not work for us.

However, on a positive note, when we arrived at the Casoria station, we called the hotel and they sent a driver to pick us up as we didn't want to take a cab, based on negative feedback. The driver refused to accept any money from us.
The room was clean, with a good sized bathroom, but a small shower. It is nicely furnished with modern furniture. Very quiet even though it is so close to the airport.

The lobby is bright with a wine and cappucino bar and a patio to sit and relax. Front desk clerk, Antonio was very friendly and tried very hard to communicate with us in English. since there was no central computer area, he was kind enough to check our flight times, but unable to print boarding passes as there were some computer problems.
This hotel is located in an industrial area, where walking at night is not advised. But right next to it, is an Entertainment Complex with a movie theater, bowling area, some rides for kids, wine bar, 2 full service restaurants, a food court and Burger King.

It's perfect for airport access, but not much else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel Blanc is clean, affordable, close to the Naples airport and provides a free shuttle, even at 5:00 am. It is, however, in a very industrial area with only a few choices for dinner withing walking distance. I highly recommend it for a place to stay for an early morning airport departure, but there are likely better choices as a base for exploring Naples. If you do stay here, Rosso Pomodoro next door is a great choice for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very helpful staff and just 7 minutes away from the airport. Also there is a Carrefour, cinema, bowling and restaurants just around the corner!!
Size of bedroom is decent for 3 people and well clean too. Breakfast was very basic but they started to serve from 5.30am for us as we had an early flight so I cannot complaint after their effort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We booked this hotel as an overnight stay from a cruise debarkation to an early flight the next morning from the Naples airport coming back to the US. It is only 4Km from the airport which is about 2.5 miles. Having had a previous negative experience a few days prior with a taxi driver going from the airport to the Cruise Port which swindled us for double the meter rate with the excuse that the airport is in Casoria and the Port in Naples which is a different town, even though is only about a 15 minute ride. I know this is another story but a "Beware" to anyone catching a cab in Naples. Anyway, when we got back from having that negative experience and even though we read the hotel description of the good rates, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free shuttle bus to the airport we were still a little apprehensive and doubtful that they were going to come thru and honor everything or at least that there was going to be some hidden fees involved, or maybe that because we had to be at the airport before 6:00Am, we at least expected the shuttle not to start routes until after a later time and we were counting on paying our own way to the airport.

Now, when we disembarked, we flagged a taxi to go to the hotel and I don’t have to tell you that we negotiated the rate before we got in the cab, "No double rates" I told the driver, "We are going back to Casoria so you will charge what the meter reads and that’s all" After a couple of minutes of arguing and we walking away to another cab, he agreed and off we went.

This hotel, and when I say this hotel I mean everyone working there treated us with the utmost respect and willingness to help. We were greeted by Lucas at the front desk were he already had our information on screen and within a few minutes we were going to our room. As soon as we got there we notice that the room wasn’t made up and before I picked up the phone to call front desk, Lucas had already sent someone from housekeeping to change our room to the one across the hall. The room was spotless cleaned, everything worked perfectly fine and it looked just like the picture on the website. Just like they promised, the in-room wired free internet worked flawlessly (I had my laptop with me). I went back to front desk to ask for the key code to connect my iPhone to their Wi-Fi and even though they said that it worked fine in the common areas but would not work from inside the rooms, for me it worked great as well inside my room.

Later I was trying to print boarding passes for my next morning flight, I didn’t have a printer so I went back to front desk to seek help and this time Josue was there to bring a helping hand. He said you know what, email the boarding passes to me and I'll print them right away for you, which he did so thank you for your helping hand Josue. The next morning at 5:00AM as we were heading out Pepe was there waiting to do our check-out and to our surprise to tell us that our free shuttle to the airport was on the way to pick us up. And there we were assuming we had to call a cab and pay for it. We booked this room for 60 euros which is about 25 to 50 euros below what other comparable hotel rooms are going for in the same area. We got charged exactly 60 euros, no hidden or junk fees. We didn’t get to eat our free complimentary breakfast obviously for the early check-out but I got a strong espresso Italian coffee brewed specially by Pepe.

There is a lot of negative going around with respect to Naples and how you can be mugged but we felt safe since the Hotel is gated at night and completely fenced in. I'll give this Hotel and all its employees a 5 start and thumbs up! Thank you guys!!

PS. I wanted to make sure and remember everyone’s names because I wanted to praise them publicly but want to apologize if I didn’t spell their names correctly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed here when I needed to be close to the airport. Very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. Free shuttle service to and from the airport, which saves you taxi fare. There is nothing charming about the area (near a shopping center in a suburb, wound up eating at a nearby Burger King becaused we were tired and ot finding anything else!) but it is fine if you just want to be close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rural Wiltshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had booked this hotel on the internet and failed to read that they offer a free shuttle service to and from the airport so we paid over the odds for a taxi to get there and even the taxi driver had difficulty finding it. The room was clean and adequate and there are a variety of places to eat in the evening close by. It is close to a multiplex cinema. The breakfast was disappointing - no butter, very little ham or cheese, rock hard croissants and pretty much everything else was packaged.
For the price it is just about OK and for a late arrival/early departure to/from Naples it serves its purpose.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Blanc? Share your experiences!