“Poor customer service and booking experience.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

You added Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent to your Saves list
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newborough Road | Needwood, Needwood, Burton upon Trent DE13 9PD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Needwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service and booking experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was staying at the hotel for a corporate event that I was invited to but twice the hotel tried to cancel my reservation because of over booking. Once by phone and then on check in. On check in I was told that there was an air-conditioning leak which had damaged a number or rooms. Eventually I got my room but there was no sign of the damaged rooms!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexandra L, Operations Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Sven E

Thank you for your review, I am glad I’ve had the opportunity to correspond on a separate email regarding your stay.

Kind regards

Greg Crawford
Hampton by Hilton at St George's Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
london, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

very plesent hotel with warm and welcoming staff rooms are to a outstanding standard with very comftable beds wounderful facilities that were availible and on show at my award evening i would recomend this hotel to anyone wanting a hotel to stay in burton on trent

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Ryan G

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for your recommendation.
themarle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I think this was my fifth stay at The St Georges Park Hilton Hotel in Burton On Trent. As ever our stay was relaxed, enjoyable and we were looked after exceptionally well by all of the staff here. From the room service to the spa and from the reception to the restaurant and bars, every member of staff was cheerful, nothing to much trouble and went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as it always is. Rooms were exceptional and comfortable. Thank-you to you all for a great overnight stay. My family and I will be returning in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic
Dear themarle

It’s so nice to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay with us, and that our team made an impact on your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back for a sixth visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was angry when with 48hrs notice the hotel tried to cancel us and move us to another chain hotel 8 miles away. When I refused I was informed we had no choice as they had overbooked and the organisation that were requesting more rooms had priority. We were not offered a refund just a taxi to bring us to our function (which was in the St Georges complex which is the reason we stayed there in the first place). I think this is a terrible way to treat customers and they should have informed the organisation that they were fully booked and could not take any further bookings.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Lisa H

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor, as per my email please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss further.

Kind regards

Greg Crawford
Hampton by Hilton at St George's Park
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our second visit did not disappoint; we are booking for a further visit in May, 2014! On this occasion we used the gym and pool; both excellent facilities. The staff remembered us from our previous visit and were keen to share experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Dubaiunlimited

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014, thank you so much for your review.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Me and my cousin stayed at the hilton for a spa experience, for her birthday and for my self due to getting engaged to my boyfriend a week earlier. The spa was fantastic and Jess the lady that did are treatment was superb, and needs a pay rise. Xx couldn't give her enough praise. When we arranged at the hilton, at about 1pm the staff where fantastic at reception couldn't do enough for us, we had the executive twin room and was welcomed by a birthday card and a bottle of sparking wine. Hank you so much. Our down side to our stay was the way we were treated by the evening staff, we we're invited by two lovely people from the judo event which we accepted kindly, but we we're advised that it wasn't up to the people that invited us and we had to leave which we did with no problem, only to find out when we got back in to the crossbar, they would not serve us anymore with no reason. The way they spoke to us really upset my cousin which made her cry, she is not the kind of person that gets upset. I do not believe we did anything to be treat the way we did. We complained to reception straight away, with the two people that invited us to the event, as they left there as well due to the way we were treated, which the reception staff didn't seem to be bothered about it. We went to our room, went bed. In the morning Sonia went for her treatment, but wasn't in the mood to go due to being disappointed with the night before, any way she went and Jess again from the spa was amazing. We went for breakfast and when we we're choosing want we wanted there was a hair on the sausages, we showed the Lady serving the food from the buffet only for her to say, oh it can't be one of hers as it's not curly she removed the hair from the sausages on the buffet tray and just mixed the sausage up, it was disgusting serves, the breakfast was horrible, under cooked bacon, snotty eggs, runny scrambled eggs, my cousin has had to go the doctors today 18th November as she was unwell from the morning of 17th November which we stayed from the 16th to the 17th. Her doctor has advised her that she has noro-virus, she has been told she can't go to work from today 18th November due to this virus caught from the hilton hotel as she works with children in a school. And now she will be losing money. We are very very disappointed with all of this. When we left I asked for the email so I can complain, which I will

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Emma0563

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we are pleased we had the opportunity to respond to your email prior to your review on Trip Advisor.
DISS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here because we attended an event in the Hilton I had a phone call 2 days before we went to say they were moving us to the \Premier Inn 10 miles away because they were overbooked luckily my Association managed to rearrange this and I was told I had a room, on arriving I was informed that I had been moved the receptionist just gave me details of the new hotel and would not enquire why it had been changed again I managed to find my organiser who had arranged the rooms and I was on the list the girl did not apologise and the next day sent on a wild goose chase for our breakfast, I feel we were treated like 2nd class citizens because we were in the Hampton on not the Hilton

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alexandra L, Operations Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear deniseo55

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Hampton by Hilton, St George’s Park.

I am really sorry to learn of the confusion with regards to your reservation and I am glad that your organiser was able to make the amendments to your accommodation on the list.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton at St George’s Park in the near future.

Been to Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent? Share your experiences!