“Great stay at Peggy's Cove B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peggy's Cove
Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast
17 Church Road, Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia B3Z3R7, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Peggy's Cove B&B and Inns
NJ
“Great stay at Peggy's Cove B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I have to say, my wife and I were about to swear off B&B's because our bad experiences out weighed our good ones. BUT we really wanted to stay at Peggy's Cove on this, our second trip to Nova Scotia. We relied on a recommendation from Trip Advisor and we were so happy. Granted these are new owners of less than a year, so I can't address previous concerns, but our stay was wonderful ! Breakfasts were just fabulous and our hosts were just the most pleasant and accommodating people.
Our room, though small was perfectly adequate, comfortable bed with nice spreads and comforters and afforded us a wonderful view of the cove and lighthouse.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Dan and Judy are lovely hosts and staying at Peggy's Cove B&B was a perfect choice. Beautiful room, extremely comfortable bed!! The views from the deck were amazing. All the creature comforts taken care of. Judy is a wonderful cook, her baked eggs were de-lish, and the oatmeal muffins were yummy. Dan is a great host and recommended a wonderful dinner spot, even phoning ahead to make sure they were open late. We will be back there...it was awesome!

gensac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated like kings. We were in room 1 and the view from the bedroom was outstanding. The room itself was really comfortable and nicely styled. Breakfast was to die for and included fresh fruit, yoghurt, egg, bacon and cheese filled croissant all served with home made jams and plenty of coffee. It was a pure delight to watch the birds (doves, blue jays and pheasants) and Sharon made a special effort to ensure I didn't miss the pheasants. We loved every minute of our stay here and wish Dan, Judy and Sharon all the best in the future and would like to thank them for making our visit so special.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the best!!!!
TORONTO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm not a big fan of B&B's as I prefer the anonymity of hotels (I'm a Toronto snob I admit) but Peggy's Cover B&B really won me over; I'd stay here again without doubt if I am ever in the area. Dan, Judy and Sharon were all fantastic hosts and all have a great sense of humour. Sharon warmly greeted us on arrival and went over all the details of the B&B, cove and what else that was nearby (thank you for the tip on Ryers).

The B&B is an architecturally beautiful Cape Cod style home with a gentle view over the cove and lighthouse. It is also located in the perfect area as its setback just far enough from the main road that any street activity of other visitors are innocuous and silent. The dining area on the main level is clean, bright and overlooks the cove.

We had a room on the second floor (I believe it was room 1) and would suggest this room to any visitor as being the best at the B&B. It has a private washroom, a walkout terrace with a view into the cove and lighthouse. The bed was comfortable and the furniture was attractive, clean and in great repair. The shower head in the shower/tub combo had a spray mist setting like no other; I loved it and as weird as I may be; I will remember this spray setting.

There were 2 other rooms on the second floor and a common area containing a small lounge and a little kitchenette with a fridge, coffee/tea/microwave and etc.

I was impressed that the B&B was absolutely spotless and without doubt was one of the cleanest hotel/inn/B&Bs I have ever stayed in. The breakfast was absolutely excellent and would satisfy any discerning palate. I have an egg allergy that I had forgotten to mention until that morning and Dan, Judy and Sharon were able to accommodate me with an excellent alternative. My wife had the breakfast without any modification. The unmodified breakfast started with a glass of orange juice and a fresh fruit parfait with yogurt and granola excellently presented in a decorative glass. The main dish was a croissant artfully filled with bacon, scrambled egg, cheese, chives presented with some fresh vegetables on the side. Endless pots of coffee and tea accompanied and a fresh muffin ended the meal.

If you are planning on staying in Peggy's Cover or anywhere nearby you cannot find better accommodations than Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 1 is on the upper level with a private washroom, 2nd floor walkout balcony overlooking the cove...
Düsseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We travelled all over Canada and stayd a lot at B&Bs. This one is the best with most friendliest hosts ever. The views are great and the people make everything happen. The breakfast was really great. Rooms are nice furnished, very clean and quit. For rainy days we had access to DVDs during our four night stay and great recommondations for everything from eating to hiking.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our family stayed at the B&B during a family wedding in August - Dan, Judy, and Sharon were friendly and welcoming to us all. The rooms were clean, and comfortable - with a great view of Peggy's Cove (When it wasn't foggy) :-) The B&B also has a small lounge room with a fridge and microwave, which came in handy for us to use for a quick meal or cup of tea.

I would highly recommend this B&B; the best breakfast food that we have experienced at a Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ft myers beach,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were touring by motorcyle from Ft Myers Beach FL and were told to make sure and stay at Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast. Dan, Judy and sister Sharon did a great job of making you welcome. Rooms were clean & comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very good. Dan brings everything to you while Judy & Sharon are cooking....he will not let you get up to get anything. Nice view of the lighthouse from the deck attached to the room.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of lighthouse and the cove. all rooms are same price...get a view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!