“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

tuscaloosa
75 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went to Peggy's Cove during my princess cruise. I love lighthouses, It was a beautiful place. During my visit it was cold and windy. They have a gift shop onsite and a restaurant. The site was a beautiful place to take pictures. There was a bag pipe player present the day I went. I enjoyed this attraction.

Laval, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A Must See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was visiting Halifax for business and made this one of my stops during my stay. Upon arrivng, I was greeted by a man dressed in his Scottish kilt playing the bagpipes. I took some great photos, especially of the lighthouse. It was quite windy, but still a beautiful spot to visit.

Visited August 2012
Napa, California
35 attraction reviews
“Halifax has lots to offer; go to Peggy's Cove last”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were on a cruise and took a Holland tour to Peggy's Cove. It was a disappointment, considering that we had so little time in Halifax and that there was so much available in Halifax proper. Peggy's Cove is a fairly barren sight, isolated, with few amenities, and almost no protection from the elements.

The day we went was windy and cold. Most of the tourists from MANY buses wanted to get inside the restaurant to get warm whether they were hungry or not. It was crowded and under-staffed. A large souvenir store was in the same building and it, too, was overcrowded with cold customers. All staff were friendly, kind, and helpful--I felt sorry for them, because it felt like an anthill filled with people waiting for their buses to leave. The outside was little better--so many buses arrived that day that people walking around certainly had no feeling of being out in nature.

In really nice weather this might be a great destination for people with their own transportation and time to really visit the lighthouse and walk the very rocky shore. The site has an elegant austerity that will appeal to hardy souls.

For our short visit, I wish we had stayed in Halifax and visited the gardens or another museum. I am not sorry we went, but I think bus tour transportation did not provide optimal options.

Los Angeles
11 attraction reviews
“What a beautiful lighthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We recently visited Peggy's Cove. Great photo opportunity with the lighthouse, hugh boulders, and vast ocean. We got some fantastic scenic shots. Also got a video of a man in his scottish kilt playing the bagpipe. Make sure you bring your passport with you. Luckily someone on our cruise was there and she told me they will stamp it their with the Peggy's cove stamp. Really cool thing to do. Also, you can mail postcards from there so it'll have the Peggy's Cove postmark. Our taxi driver also took us to an artist rendition of Peggy's Cove. Made for a picture postcard moment with us in the picture. He took the picture for us too. The taxi driver took us to the titanic gravesite next. Was nice to pay our respects to them while we were there. It was touching to see that people had left a bunch of small stuffed animals for the unknown child that was recovered and buried there. Only regret at the Halifax port was that we didn't get to visit the titanic museum. Just didn't have enough time. We celebrated Canadian thanksgiving on our day in Halifax, October 8th.

Zebulon, Georgia, United States
“peggys cove just wonderfully lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

went to visit because we were on a princess cruise and i couldnt believe how beautiful it was,, you must go see this at least once in your life, it was the perfect fishing village,, the scenery was amazing and beautiful