“Over all good, more than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Last Resort to your Saves list
The Last Resort
27.877186, 85.892352 | Bhote Kosi River Gorge, Tatopani, Nepal   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tatopani
“Over all good, more than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The resort and it's operation were the most professional I have encountered in over 6 months of living in Nepal. The rafting was challenging but appropriate for novices and the resort offers bungie/ canyon swing for the daredevils and hiking/ spa treatments for those less inclined. There is a nice bar (service is slow so order a lot at once) and the bathroom/ shower facilities are fine. One note: the ropes course requires participants to climb a 20 to 30 foot challenge ladder that has rungs every 5 feet and requires upper body strength to pull/ push yourself to the next rung. I could not do this. The resort did refund my money but this is NOT their policy and they made an exception for me. The accommodations are semi permanent tents. They are fine but basic. As one friend commented "the more time you spend at the bar, the less you notice the tents". I would go again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had done both bungee and canyon swing in last resort, Almost around 2 and half years ago I had been there for bungee jumping on my own bike which was good choice instead. At that time I had no complain but regarding my latest jump over there for my swing I had a big issue over this company and their trends.

This time also I was planning to go for jump by bike but unfortunately I was not able. So in last moment I had to go there to ask for their bus services. There was one staff who behave me and my brother very rudely he was forcing us to pay sightseeing price even I had already paid for day package, He behave us very rude but finally after long discussion finally they agree for bus service in regular price, what the staff said to me was it is very last moment there might not be vacant seat on bus so you had to pay for go and see package but next there was almost more than 7 seat were vacant.

Now another big issue is on highway the place where they stopped for breakfast was terrible. I think bus driver and other staffs are taking commission from hotel owner so hotel owner are charging us almost more than 10 times in compare with regular price, All I just had was a cup of vegetable which hardly cost US $ 0.1 in Kathmandu, he charge us US $ 1 just for 2 spoon of curry, Trust me it was the most terrible moments and similar US $ 1 for cup of black tea which cost hardly around US $ 0.25 in average restaurant on Thamel.

Regardless of this I had no issue with other things about The Last Resort, there other service was excellent, bungee master highly motivated us, other staffs on resort were friendly, their location was awesome very peaceful and mind blowing.

Just issue with some staffs on Thamel Branch and Hotel they choose on highway as there is only one shop in the middle of no where, no other option for breakfast and it is highly unnecessary. Regardless of this issue I highly recommend other to attend this trip once in a life as it is world's highest canyon swing from 160 m high natural cliff over a long suspension bridge..

Room Tip: Go for tent of lower edges ..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
TheLastResortNepal, General Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hi Pradeep,

I am so sorry about the place where we stop for breakfast. Our staff or management does not make a penny out of the operation, I can assure you of that. After reading your comment, we have asked them to put out a printed menu with price included for all our clients to see. If the prices mentioned are not reasonable, we will stop somewhere else for our breakfast from now on. We have come to know that they do not have any printed menu as such and have over charged some clients. Again, we are so sorry about your bad experience regarding this and we will fix this as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for complaining and giving us a chance to improve.

Bhuwan

The Last Resort family.
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

When you are not bungy jumping, giant swinging, canyoning or rafting, The Last resort is a peaceful and relaxing haven in the Botse Kosi river gorge. The staff are friendly, the tents are clean and comfortable, food was tasty, a little basic but good and plenty of it.
The layout of the resort is well designed with the tents spaced out so you get some privacy and the feeling of being alone in the forest, yet the public areas are just a few metres away..
We only had 1 night staying here, but I could easily have spent a week just unwinding enjoying the clean fresh air and general aura of the resort..
To wake up in the morning to hear just the noise of the river and birds with an occasional truck horn on the one nearby road to Tibet indicating civilization... summed up the experience
Would definitely like to return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had been to The Last Resort for the adventure sports. You can feel the adrenalin gushing as soon as you cross the hanging bridge over the deep valley to get to the resort. The ride from Kathmandu is around 3 hrs but once you reach there, you'll forget the tiring ride. The hospitality is great and the food is amazing. Even if you are not into the adventure sports, it is a great place to spend the weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I always wanted to do the bungee and this was a great place to do it. Hotel arranges transportation to-from Kathmandu however it is only on certain days of the week. We had a limited time in Nepal so had to arrange our own transport to the resort (3 hour drive) as it woas outside of those days. We booked a taxi with Outshine adventures tour company who arranged it for us for $50, the resort quoted a price of €75. The resort provides all sorts of activities including: hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping, canyon swing (I did both bungee and swing and the swing was more thrilling - 7 seconds free fall vs 3 sec in bungee, afterwards you can purchase a video of your jump), water rafting and other. Breakfast/lunch and dinner we included as we booked an overnight stay in the tent (not the usual tent as such as it had 2 fully prepared beds, luggage rack, an electric light) and were good. There were shared toilets, hot & cold showers, something like a cafe-bar where you could have coffee between the meals (surcharge). We took a 3-4 hour hiking tour and the walk was through or past the houses of locals, on the way up we ran out of water and it was very nice of our tour guide to take us into his house where we had the chance to meet his parents who also gave us some milk as we were dying of thirst so big thanks to them.
Majority of guests at the resort were about up to 30 years old so it was a very nice atmosphere with laughs / games etc. however, this did not affect in any way our quality of sleep as the tents are kind of away from gathering place. Bungee/swing felt very safe and well organized. The ride back was the whole new adventure as there was a truck which got stuck blocking the road so we had to switch busses with the folks arriving to the resort, then we watched our bus trying to turn around on a very very narrow road with a huge cliff right next to it!!! Driver was very good and managed the turn and the rest of the journey just fine although it took us around 5 hrs to get to Kathmandu so if you are planning a trip to the last resort I wouldn't recommend booking a flight the same night. Overall this was a great experience with memories for the rest of our lives!

Room Tip: We stayed at tent #1 which had lots of privacy but it was next to cold showers. In the dark (it gets...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to this resort with one thing in mind, to jump! And what an awesome and memorable experience it was and to do it in Nepal. Jumping from a 160m hanging bridge amidst amazing gorges of Kathmandu valley a few kilometers from the Tibetan border. And seeing the rushing river underneath before the jump, literally my heart was in my throat. The Resort's accommodation are cool with huge tents and comfy beds inside. And the food ain't that bad too, actually their food is great! They also offer a lot of other outdoor activities so you can choose which ones would get your adrenaline pumping. Or you can grab a book and read in a quiet corner in the resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Amazing scenic resort due to the breathtaking green mountains and the beautiful river flowing in between.Had a truly refreshing stay.Lots of fun activities to get involved in.Had the first bungee jumping experience which was mind blowing.The only con I could find was the leech i found inside the tent in the middle of the night.Other than that overall a good experience and totally worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Last Resort? Share your experiences!