“Best choice (among few) if you have to visit Pucallpa” 4 of 5 stars

Ucayali River Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. San Martin 200, Pucallpa, Peru   |
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Pucallpa
Maracaibo, Zulia, Venezuela
“Best choice (among few) if you have to visit Pucallpa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a very new and modern hotel. The installations are very good considering the place you are at. I went twice to this hotel in march and the rooms where clean and comfortable (they where suites). Cons: No room service or any kind of food and beverages after 11 even do the night flight from Lima commonly arrives after midnight. The complementary breakfast was also very poor, but the restaurant for lunch and dinner has a very decent menu and tasty meals. The staff is also very friendly and willing to help you anyway they can. Shuttle service to the airport also works great. To me even do the cons is the best or only decent choice in Pucallpa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Modern hotel with clean comfortable rooms. A bit spartan but that just what is needed after being out in the bush. Food is ok nothing special. This is not Lima...Overall a godsend. Everything works and service is friendly. Didnt try sauma or a dodgy looking rooftop pool

• Stayed October 2012
Lima, Peru
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during the second week of July 2012, the service must improve. I found many problems and failures in the dining room, and surely they will do improvements after my comments. They were delayed more than ten minutes to assist me, unacceptable! When I was taking my first course, the waiter brought the main course and just left the plate.!

Next to me there was a table with eight people, and during their dinner, I counted six or seven empty bottles. No one had the initiative to remove them.

Standing at the front desk to ask questions or to make arrangements is very unpleasant. The air condicioning falls on the shoulders and the air is so strong that the papers are flown. Bad decision.

It is obvious that no manager is in charge of the dining room and the staff has NOT been trained adecquately. The problem is that under these circumstances, it is NOT a five star hotel. Need to do much better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. Nice and helpful staff picked us up at the airport. The hotel is very spacious and super clean. All amenities and services, including a very good breakfast, were included. This was not a so-called continental breakfast, it was a real one. After walking and being stressed by those ubiquitous moto-taxis, finding a nice swimming pool was relaxing. Our room had a lovely view of the Ucayali river. It felt great to be in this hotel, the only truly "five star" caliber hotel in this town.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Ucayali River
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My Family and I stayed here in July and I must say it was the most pleasant experience I've had at an SA hotel. We were initially at the V... a block away that my mother-in-law had booked. It was ok by standards here I guess. but had no elevator (3rd fl incorrect room), undrinkable water (coolers in hallways), hotel construction out back, and the city had ripped up and was replacing the entire sidewalk block out front.

Anyway, I called and got their free WIFI access code, got on Tripadvisor, and had my wife (a native) call the Luz de Luna, which it turned out is the dump directly across the street from this hotel, that quoted her a rate of $140 a night. We were initially deterred from calling here hotel because of the rates shown on Tripadvisor, but she called and the rate was $100 (including breakfast), so we immediately checked out and headed over here.

This is by far the best South American hotel I have ever stayed in. 5 star American from the outside with service inside to match. Rooms are 3 1/2 by American standards but very nice. Restaurant and Bar are good but pricey for Pucallpa. The Staff was just outstanding, accommodating our every need with ease and aplomb. I also enjoyed a fine massage that I would highly recommend. Cleanliness throughout the hotel was constantly attended to, including the pool facilities, that we and our guest's enjoyed frequently. The included breakfast made to order with coffee and juice is delicious and a wonderful day starter.

My only regret is that we didn't upgrade to a larger room, which we would have if my in-laws hadn't so kindly constructed an 6'x4' crib/bed for our 18 mos. son. After seeing the larger rooms, I inquired at checkout and the rate difference for the much larger junior suite was around $20 a night.

This place is a wonderful respite from the heat, humidity, motos, dust and rain of Pucallpa ;-)

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011 via mobile

I have been traveling to pucallpa for years for business and have tried every hotel. I can not express how happy I am that there is finally a hotel which makes the whole trip so much more enjoyable. It seems that every other hotel in pucallpa is run down, mildewed and dirty. The ucayali river hotel was built in September I believe so it is still brand new.

Clean clean clean! For me cleanliness is a big deal and this hotel is one of the best.

Hotel staff are amazingly friendly and very accommodating. They learned my name which I always think is a very nice touch.

Food was great. It didn't change my life but it was great.

The pool is the only clean one you will find in pucallpa and the spa area is very modern and very cool.

Call ahead of time and ask for special prices and promotions. If they can they are anxious to accommodate any special event or need that you have. I have arrnged special meetings with friends and clients with them in their restuarant and their events planner did a great job of arranging everything to my requests.

I am planning another trip to Pucallpa at the start of June and I am now looking forward to the trip because I have such a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011
Rexburg, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

We stayed in this brand new Hotel in September 2010. Pucallpa is a dirty, hot, noisy city. It was a delight to check into this modern air conditioned Hotel. The staff was very nice and attentive. They had a nice breakfast buffet. An oasis in the Amazon Basin.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ucayali River Hotel? Share your experiences!