Stayed here recently for a conference. Overall the hotel is very nice but I do take issue with them placing a hold on my credit card for the cost of the stay. Why? Because when I checked in I paid cash for the entire stay. Last I checked you don't need to worry about cash not clearing! In addition to the hold for my half of the cost of the room, they also placed a hold for my half of one day's resort fees (plus tax) and a hold for incidentals. So, though I paid $485 cash at check in, they placed $588 in holds on my credit card. I'm not sure why this happened as they also placed a hold on my roommates credit card for BOTH our halves of the room. No one at the Gaylord could explain why a hold for the room was placed for a guest who paid cash and no one could explain why my half of the room had an authorization on my credit card and my roommate's credit card. The could only say, "well it's fine because when you check out it will clear off of the card." That's not the point, how do you enjoy your stay at a resort with little to no room on your card? I spoke with 3 different staff and all said they did not know why my card had hold placed on it and none offered to move up the chain of command. It was like talking to one of those automated systems. Overall the hotel was nice but I did expect a little more when it came to correcting its own mistakes, especially since I over paid. They owed me cash back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill