Our trade association signed a ten year contract to hold our annual conference at the Gaylord. Before we were at different hotels in DC. Close, but no cigar. It's a $40 cab ride to any of the sights in our nations capital and a $100 ride to Dulles Airport. You are trapped, so forget about bringing the family and having the kids go to the Smithsonian while your attending the conference. The building is beautiful, but other than shopping there is nothing to do. Everything is resort priced because you don't have a lot of options. It's a Marriott but doesn't have an executive lounge. Breakfast downstairs is very, very expensive with a limited selection. Resort fee is tacked on so even if you are Marriott Elite you still pay for internet. After the first year of the contract so many of our members defected to other properties the trade association instituted a surcharge of $250 for conference attendees who don't stay at the Gaylord. Because the hotel is large you get a sense of impersonality. Staff I did interact with were friendly and helpful. However, my wakeup call was missed two mornings in a row. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of nights in Marriotts around the world and this one is a miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill