We went here on a recommendation from a friend. We loved it. Our group had four adults and five kids ages 3 thru 13 in three rooms. Our rooms were spotless and hospitality was very efficient. Check in was un-eventful, which is great! We went for DC touring and the shuttle service "chariots for hire" was very efficient and friendly. We loved the pool, the dancing fountain, the coffee, the breakfasts and the gorgeous atrium. Dinner at the sports bar was kid friendly and good food. Our stay was a little pricey but for what you get and the close proximity to DC for touring and short walking distance to the stores, restaurants and attractions at national harbor, it is satisfyingly worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill