“Great for conferences” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Waterfront St, Prince George’s County, National Harbor, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in National Harbor
“Great for conferences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This resort is very nice, but please don't get it confused with the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville. You will be very disappointed if you expect the same ambiance and beauty. You can definitely expect the high prices though. All in all it is a wonderful place for going to conferences, not family vacations.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and was very impressed. The facility is gigantic and that can be a little intimidating. However the staff is fantastic and very helpful. The facility is extremely well maintained and very impressive. The view from the atrium out to the Potomac is amazing

My wife used the pool and she was very impressed with that area. The only place we ate in the resort was the National Pastime which is a sports bar with good sports bar food. Prices are a little high but that was pretty much the case every where we went in that area. The coffee house on site was also acceptable..

We took the shuttle boat service to Alexandria and Mount Vernon. The trips are a little pricey and the staff on the trip to Alexandria a little unpleasant. Mount Vernon was well worth the price-a must see.

It's a little ways to DC so I wouldn't stay here if you plan to spend all your time there. However for the conference the resort was truly excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Second trip here for a convention.
You could not ask for more friendly accommodating people working at this hotel.
Tons of choices for non hotel eating and wandering. Close to all the sights you want to see in Washington.
Gym is open 24/7
Lovely location on the river.
Rooms are well kept, I have never had a room with a decent view here but you certainly could if it was important to you, lots of rooms face the river and overlook the glassed in hotel ameneties.

• Stayed July 2013
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel had everything! Bars, restaurants, Pastry shop, Convenience store. Checking in was easy even though it was a very busy time. Room was good. I got what I asked for. I had an amazing seventh floor room!! It was beautiful. My balcony overlooked the inside of the resort and I could look out the glass windows to the water. y favorite part was that we could walk across from the hotel and dine at some very good restaurants. Pricey but good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cleburne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Pros--convention setting so lots of choices for dining/shopping on site or just across the street(that's the best choice). Loved the rooms, comfortable in every way and plenty spacious. Set on the harbor the gardens around offer a great place to relax and enjoy the view.
For seeing DC I suggest you use their shuttle. Frequent departure/returns with drop off/pick up at Union Station(near the Capitol or the old post office midway down the Mall. Parking in DC is a mess and the police are very willing to get you for ANY little thing, they don't give warnings to lost tourists.
Cons--nothing substantial. Check in/out may take some time as it is a convention destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Coppell, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Gaylord at National Harbor in late May for work conference. The hotel is part of the National Harbor that includes multiple restaurants, hotels and shops. The location is south of Washington DC and across the river from Alexandria, VA. The hotel is very clean and is similar to other Gaylord properties in Dallas and Orlando. It is great for conferences due to having everything in one place. The room is very expensive for what you get. Plus, there is $15/day resort fee tacked onto the bill which I did not get what you paid for. Things are very expensive at the property primarily food and drink. You are paying for convenience. The location is about 15-20 minute cab ride from downtown DC. That is big negative.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a review from the last two times I have been here combined because I was not on Trip Advisor two years ago... This place is pricey and if my conference was not here I definately couldn't go on my own dime.. I love the views and the Atrium. It was nice to feel like I was outside but not (and thank goodness because it was 100 degrees outside!) I love fountains and flowers so I could sit in the Atrium all day. The outside grounds were nice too. Our room was fine. Clean and cozy and quiet. The shower had great pressure- always a plus. The conference center was good. We ate elsewhere due to high prices inside.
The minuses this trip were: 1)I was told they needed my card for incidentals- that I wouldn't be charged unless I authorized it. I found out when my card was denied later that they had charged it. 8 days later my card was refunded- not cool when you are travelling that $200 was all of a sudden unavailable! 2)It costs alot to head to any DC sites- and they banned taxis from picking up patrons so they would take the Gaylord provided shuttels (which were almost double in cost!) we walked a block to get a taxi. 3) There were leaks and some places in the hotel including my co-worker's room! 4) Called for extra towels because we do not get our room cleaned while we stay and they only brought me one set that did not seem as clean as our original set- stained and scratchy.
The night before we were leaving DC had a huge water main break- fortunately our flight was at 2pm the next day but I was bummed they cancelled the last day of my conference. I guess they had to worry about toilets with the number of people we had but at 10:30am before we checked out I was still able to flush mine... Jus glad I didnt have to deal with looking for another hotel like some people.

Room Tip: If you are attending a conference make sure you ask for a room on the conference side. I didnt last...