I stayed at the Gaylord as part of a military conference in May and was very pleased with the hotel: service, cleanliness, amenities.
Since the room cost was part of a contract I never saw a bill so I cannot comment on the fees that other reviewers have commented on. I have seen those at other hotels and find them annoying, so I know that I would have found them annoying here as well.
Parking in the garage was very easy, as was check-in and locating my room. I did not have an atrium view but still had a nice view of the wooded area behind the hotel. The whole atrium was stunning, with a great view of the river and the Woodrow Wilson bridge.
The room was large, with a king bed, a comfy chair, and a desk and chair. The bathroom had a large walk-in shower that was nice. Overall, the room was clean and adequate and the maid service was excellent. I had spilled tea on my bed and asked to have the sheets changed and it was done, no problem.
Everything I needed was within walking distance, including a CVS pharmacy for forgotten toothpaste. (I don't know if the hotel carries such items, I didn't ask.) Plenty of restaurants in the area as well as both chic (expensive) and cheap shopping.
The one bad mark was some of the food in the restaurant: our group had a buffet lunch and the meat and vegetables were very good. We tried the many types of desserts (cake, cookies, brownies) and everything was tasteless and dry. Seriously, we went back and got more broccoli...you know your desserts are bad when people dump them for vegetables!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill