I give this hotel a very good rating since due to the location (near DC about 15-20 minutes) and its architecture and design; it's a beautiful hotel. BUT you do pay for that (abt 250/night). We stayed for a conference/short weekday getaway from Wed-Fri. We liked the National Harbor area and really wanted to walk around more but it rained terribly on our last day. My one BIG complaint during this visit (we had been there once before abt 2 yrs ago) is the pool had a bad odor, I think you know what I mean. It is what it is, the kids still wanted to play and it was raining hard outside our last day so we just dealt with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Low Cost Holidays, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill