I stayed at the Gaylord for a business trip and truly enjoyed my experience. The hotel offered an upgrade for $30.00 a night which I declined. I didn't expect the great view of the interior hotel and balcolny or the Potomac, however I was not expecting my view to be of rocks on the roof...with that said...that was the only disappointment. I had a minor issue in my room and Ms. Caroline sent someone to immediately rectify the situation and gave me a small credit for my inconvenience - which I did not expect but it was appreciated. Everyone I came in contact with from the front desk to Bell Service to the restaurant staff, everyone was friendly and nice. I would especially like to thank Ms. Caroline and Martel who was especially nice and provided excellent service during my stay. The fitness room and pool was clean and spacious. We ate at all of the restaurants within the hotel Pienza, National Pastime, and Old Hickory Steakhouse and was not disappointed. Old Hickory Steakhouse...a little pricey but the food and service was great. Point of information...bring your own snacks and/or beverages because these are very costly inside the hotel or you can walk up the street to CSV. Don't forget to take advantage of the coupons that the front desk provides upon check-in. The area in National Harbor is quant with different shops and numerous restaurants to choose from. Don't forget to take a trip to Old Town Alexandria by way of the water taxi across the Potomac.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill