We stayed at the Gaylord for one night as a last minute add-on to our DC Spring Break trip. We managed to score a great rate on the Marriott website and was upgraded to a beautiful King room, Atrium view and balcony upon check-in. The view was phenomenal. The atrium was very noisy and this hotel is BIG so understand that this is not a cozy place. The atrium was even noisy late into the evening as there was a volleyball tournament in town and there were 100's of kids everywhere. But we closed the doors and curtains and had no problem falling asleep.
You can self-park here which means you do have access to your car if you need it - which we didn't for our short stay ... but at least you could run out to your car for something left behind, if needed.
Oh very important! The elevator banks are SLOW. With our Atrium upgrade we were put on the 2nd floor which I was initially upset about - but then quickly realized that all we had to do was use the escalator to get around - any unlucky person on the higher floors would have to wait an eternity to get anywhere. Ask for a low floor (on 2 if possible)
I thought the service at the Gaylord was awesome, the upgrade was nice and when I couldn't get directions off my IPad (the "complimentary WIFI is a joke).... they were nice enough to print directions for me.
The room was clean and well appointed - large enough for us - and really luxurious bathroom.
We had dinner at the sports bar, prices were average and service was good considering how big the place is and how many people were dining.
My daughter used the pool for about 45 minutes and there was some " health issue" that closed the pool down - which was sad but the staff said their only concern was the safety of the guests.
The Atrium and its shops are beautiful and fun to walk through.
The real gem is the National Harbor area where the hotel is located. There are great shops, restaurants and fun stuff to see. The views were stunning. I wish I lived there!
We hope to go back and will consider this hotel again if we can get that rate again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill